Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gtr

Radhaz

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a 93 K GTR, can anyone give me some info on it please.

I.e. were all the GTR imports ? Whats the spec etc.

Anything else ?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a 93 K GTR, can anyone give me some info on it please.

I.e. were all the GTR imports ? Whats the spec etc.

Anything else ?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

All GTR's are Imports and as far as im aware.. they all have 4 wheel steer... and ive given you the rest of the info i know...

what exact info are you after?

are they a good buy, i wanted a GT4 but the MPG was a bit off putting. I do a round trip of about 70 miles (mixed roads) a day.

I belive they all have air con, whats the engine like for reliability, can you isolate the 4ws if it goes wrong (i know you can on the preludes)

Anything else i should know.

Cheers.

Well generally speaking the Jap imports are fully loaded with Air Con etc..

And with regards to 4 wheel steer i aint had no experiance with them so cant give you any info on that..

What price range are you looking at and why not think about a UK spec 2.0GT as well?

Insurance would be cheaper and parts a lot cheaper to come by as well. The engine is the 3S-GE and its very very reliable mate! My last Celica had 160K on the clock and drove great! just gotta make sure you service it on a regular basis.. oil change every 6k etc...

But you cant beat Toyota for reliability!

I've seen a 93 K for £2000. 85.000 miles. Imac condition. Does the GTR have the same engine as the UK 2.0GT. I would like air-con thats why i was looking at the jdm.

Sounds a silly question, why are the parts different price.

p.s. i've just sold my FTO GPX, so i know abit about the import stuff, as any thing on FTO's i'll probley know the answer, but i'm new to toyota's. Iwanted one for to and from work, that s why i started looking at the GT4's but as said earlier the MPG was quite scary. Shame coz the performance would have been nice. :thumbsup:

Well £2k for a GTR is a very good price...i picked up my 1991 Celica for £2.2k about 6 months ago...

The engine is the same as the UK spec and with regards to the price differences in price is something that baffles me as well.. All i know is that when searchin for parts for an import Celica.. the prices were higher... Especially at the Main dealer..

Anyway.. good luck mate.. :thumbsup:

GTR's contain the same 3S-GE lump as the GT. The engines solid, I've had mine for close to two years with no problems. Only thing I've had done was a cam belt change and new brake calipers on the front.

Parts should be exactly the same price. There may be parts in the 4WS that have to come from Japan so would be more. But the 4WS system seems solid, no problems on mine.

By the way, my GTR is up for sale. 1992 K, 67,000 miles vgc.... Have advertised at £2500 but open to offers as I need to shift her...

Hi there can you email me some pictures please.

Does the Aircon work ?

What's the reason for selling it ? (Being nosey but always a good question)

My email is: jason@nhpl.freeserve.co.uk

Many thanks,

Jason. :eek::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links