Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crazy Tte Prices

mollycorolla

ahh see i wouldnt know the prices of stuff really. i just think its expensive to pay that sort of money on such an old car. ive already spent well over what the car is worth on the car lol.

Well to put it into perspective I spent about £800 on a mild steal HKS exhaust for a '89 supra...... and £300 on a second hand but not fitted Blitz exhaust for another supra!

£800 for a Mild Steel Exhaust?? that is a Major Steal, not a mild steal :)

I paid £350 for a custom-made S/S exhaust from the cat back for my Honda (but the exhaust had blown, so had to get something anyway!)

I would say £200 for a S/S back is pretty reasonable but don't think I would want pay much more to fit on a 10 year old car TBH.

Your Corolla looks very nice, Molly and I guess you are looking to keep her a few more years - a nice rear pipe would finish it off - maybe worth checking out what that 'race tube' is about maybe ? Nice looks at an ok price?

Mild steel has better resonance properties than stainless.... meaning the sound is quieter and smoother... you can get away with straight through system and it still stays road and track legal. It was also a turbo back system ;)

I preferred it to the Stainless steal Blitz! (Which to run on most tracks would require a restrictive noise reducing bung)

I blame the factory stainless exhaust on my current car for the "rasp" at higher revs....

I go for S/S for the longevity and appearance aspect - not mechanically technical enough to know the merits of each other then that :)

Sure i paid about 700quid for the stainless Blitz one on my MR2, was a big decision at the time, but worth every penny, tis a bit loud though... not for me i love it, it just gets the evils by officals at track days lol

As Charley says, mild actually gives a better sound due to one respect being the material structure itself and mild systems usually use thicker wall tubing as its not as strong as stainless, the 'tinny' rasp/buzz you get from stainless is pretty much the material itself vibrating. The slight advantage here is stainless is lighter than mild, for those who care!

Most people actually put down mild just assuming it will turn into oxide, but it does have good aspects as long as its protected from the elements with high temp paint etc... and to be quite honest its a misconception to claim stainless is 'corrosion-proof' when its merely 'corrosion-resistant'. If you allow stainless to be constantly subjected to contamination it can cause the surface to pit and then rots from the inside and out, the simple key to this is to keep it clean, and stainless should last a lifetime.

The next big fad will be titanium systems, as this is gradually making its way down from Aerospace, its already used on F1 cars and many supercars are fitted with Ti exhaust sections, also Lotus offer a Ti exhaust for the Exige S and Nissan will fit you one to a GTR with the Nismo pack. I dont see it being long before some chinese crap titanium starts getting bent into your average french hot hatch exhaust system.

But again the 'super-metal' that people make titanium out to be is again not 100% correct, its only as strong as steel, albeit alot tougher, but its main selling point is it weights 60% less than steel. So an exhausts system weight 20kg in Steel will weigh 8 in titanium. Theres other good stuff about it too but irrelevant for an exhaust system, the other thing is, it does rot aswell! In a bad way too, by forming a black oxidation firstly on the surface which then pits and eats into the material... not good at all!

Sorry to waffle on there and go very off topic, was just hoping to put a few sumarise a few simple pointers to exhaust materials :)

There are a few titanium systems for my car... I was tempted with a GruppeM one a bit back... Well into 4 figures for just the back box, but this one was used at £500...

Not sure how they sound though... I want to lose the rasp or the factory stainless.....

https://www.gruppem.co.jp/onlinestore_en/in...;products_id=16

well the great thing is that my exhaust has a hole in it and its a good excuse to buy a nice shiny new one!! :D thanks for all the info lads.... eh how loud is the remus one gonna be though?

Its all about sound... not volume!!!

My Remus gives a much richer and deeper sound, and is only marginally louder (if at all in fact). As has been said, they produce a much better quality of sound rather than being stupidly loud.

ok, i dont want it too loud and look like an eejit :rolleyes:

I disagree!!!

The bloke I saw driving through reading yesterday in a blue Gen 7 celica with a naff exhaist that was hanging off, and a silly universal carbon spoiler that looked as it it was configured to give "upforce" anda load of stickers definitely looked like an eejit!

ok i know its a little off topic... but i rang my toyota dealer the other week asking for a price of a g6 grille and he said it would come to about 106 euro.... i was just looking at fensport there and i can get it for 76 euro delivery included.... why the big price difference??? ireland is a rip off.....

ireland is a rip off.....

Aaah Molly yes it is. VRT, Road Tax, Insurance costs, tyres, all way above UK costs, and now even petrol is becoming more expensive here! Food, drink etc shopping is 30% cheaper in Newry than it is where I live. I'm lucky in that Newry's only half an hour away.....

ireland is a rip off.....

Aaah Molly yes it is. VRT, Road Tax, Insurance costs, tyres, all way above UK costs, and now even petrol is becoming more expensive here! Food, drink etc shopping is 30% cheaper in Newry than it is where I live. I'm lucky in that Newry's only half an hour away.....

+ a Bureau de change @ the Border :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links