Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bonnet Scoop

gunner1

Does anyone know if they fitted a bonnet with a Bonnet scoop on the 03/03 Auto VX petrol as standard ?

I thought they were only fitted on the Diesel models. Someone has a VX for sale and I wondered if they had changed the bonnet :huh:

In the UK, they are fitted for Diesels only I am sure, but some countries have them fitted on non-diesels.

It is possible someone fitted a scoop, or got a bonnet of a diesel for apperance (they do look quite cool) - OR they got a diesel bonnet from a scrappers after a prang? (worth checking on that I reckon)

WE fit one on a brand new vehicle at customers request 5 yrs ago despite our warnings that rain water dropped straight onto the spark plugs

Does anyone know if they fitted a bonnet with a Bonnet scoop on the 03/03 Auto VX petrol as standard ?

I thought they were only fitted on the Diesel models. Someone has a VX for sale and I wondered if they had changed the bonnet :huh:

Just to tempt you...Here's my VX D4D........ :D :D :D :D :D

DSCF0156a.jpg

DSCF0155.jpg

..............and with the proper fittings it will not allow any rain water into the engine bay.

..............and with the proper fittings it will not allow any rain water into the engine bay.

Yep it has a rubber seal underneath that traps all the rain water from infecting my intercooler..... wasps, bees and lazy taking off pigeons still find there way in there though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is the scoop pressed into the steel of the bonnet or a plastic attatchment? If it's steel it looks just the job for the cold air intake for my V8.

Is the scoop pressed into the steel of the bonnet or a plastic attatchment? If it's steel it looks just the job for the cold air intake for my V8.

it's pressed into the bonnet.....

it's pressed into the bonnet.....

Excellent!

I'm looking for one now as well.

Any one want a Rav bonnet with a two foot square hole in it? :lol:

If you've got a V8 in your rav, then I want to see some pictures!! Pretty please? ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links