Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

-T- Sport

I absolutely adore the Command & Conquer generation of games. Anyone else?

If so... Are you going to be buying Red Alert 3? and for what Platform? Will be good to play with some people as even the single player mode can be played in co-op in this one!

Released 312st Oct! Can't wait! :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -T- Sport

• jaxx

• Karma Supra

• Norfolk n Chance

I absolutely adore the Command & Conquer generation of games. Anyone else?

If so... Are you going to be buying Red Alert 3? and for what Platform? Will be good to play with some people as even the single player mode can be played in co-op in this one!

Released 312st Oct! Can't wait! :D

Released when? That's ages away! :lol:

Thinking about getting this for the PC, after i upgrade the video card ;)

Ive played every C+C since time began :)

Ill be playing it on PC :)

Gareth.. Shut up! :lol:

I'm using Jens mums Mac in Southampton, that's my excuse!!

I'll be playing this on PC also. Will hopefully be upgrading my PC again soon as my current one can only run it on Medium settings!

I have only played Red Alert + Yuri's Revenge - which was at Uni. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to become very good at it due to playing against my fanatical housemates who always wiped me out inside the first 5 minutes. I might grab a copy of this and practise hard before challenging anyone lol :D

I've done C & C Generals 3x, i leave it for a bit and then it starts again, i must play!!!

Hours of my life just gone :( Who cares :yahoo:

I see some TOC online gaming nights starting! :lol:

Anybody know the System Requirements for it?

C&C games are the biz :thumbsup:

I bought "Command & Conquer - The First Decade" - the first 12 games on a Single DVD - for about $15 last year to complete my collection :)

I'll be skipping this due to SecureROM. I don't know about you folks, but I don't like being labeled a criminal.

Which is a shame, I own every CnC game twice... own all the originals plus the first decade :(

I see some TOC online gaming nights starting! :lol:

Anybody know the System Requirements for it?

The requirements for the beta (now closed) are available, but not the gold version. I'd also like to see the reccommended specs, as I'm assuming these are the minimum specs.

System Requirements:

OS – Windows XP / Vista (32-Bit)

Processor – XP: 2.0 GHz (Intel Pentium 4; AMD Athlon 2000+; Multiple Cores) / Vista: 2.2 GHz (Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 2200+/Multiple Cores)

Memory – XP: 512 MB / Vista: 1 GB

Hard Drive – Media: 6.0 GB / EA Link: 12.0 GB

DVD Drive - 8 SPEED

Video Card – XP: 64 MB / Vista: 128 MB

Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible

DirectX - Version 9.0c

Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players

Input - Keyboard, Mouse

Optional – VoIP Headset

Also of concern is the fact Vista 64 isn't mentioned, because that's what I run :(

I should be alright with that then!

EA haven't added the "Can you run it" to the website yet

I'll be skipping this due to SecureROM. I don't know about you folks, but I don't like being labeled a criminal.

Which is a shame, I own every CnC game twice... own all the originals plus the first decade :(

What's SecureROM? labeled a Criminal? Think I am missing something somewhere ??

It's something along the lines of you only get 3 installs of the game, then it assumes you have stolen it etc and won't install anymore. However, you can just e-mail the manufacturer (EA in this instance) and get them to send you a new auth code, and it works fine again.

I semi-agree with Nerfie on this one. I think it is out of order they have started putting this onto game discs these days, but at the end of the day it is easy enough to contact them and ask for a new code when it does happen. It's not like they send the coppers over to give you a good kicking (no offence to any coppers on here ;) ).

My real issue is when it comes down to this... you will need to call them (according to their official statements) and if you've ever had the unpleasent experience of dealing with EA customer support.. you will understand why I laugh when they say trust us... Also, its stipulated on a case by case basis.. there is NO garuntee that they WILL grant you another re-install. I still play the original CnC ... System Shock, Hexen, Heretic, Duke3D etc. etc. etc.... and Total Annhiliation. Please excuse my cynical belief that EA will scew me over (given their track record) and ensure that I CANNOT and WILL NOT be able to play this game in the future... :(

over rection? maybe... but Valve, StarDock and Betheseda seem to be doing **** wel lfor themselves without insulting their primary source of income....

after the problems with cnc whatever and kanes wrath im a bit dubious of this now..... Id hate to buy another game that randomly crashes due to either a major brand of soundcards or memory leaks that the makers dont fix in patches even tho large numbers of ppl are still suffering from problems....

shame really as ive enjoyed all of their games in this line so far, when theyve worked :(

exactly... upgrade your hardware abit, reinstall an OS abit (mac INfected too) an boosh! there goes an activation... carefull now, your one away from having to call a premium rate number what is it.. £1 a minute... while you get it sorted? As Jinxed points out... EA ARE NOT VERY GOOD at supporting their products, never have been and never will be by the looks of it... which is a shame.

Solution here is to either skip it completely, or pirate it. I'll definately be skipping the game but I WILL NOT pirate it either and it really hurts me I won't be playing it... hurts me so much I've sent the industry some protest and letters and I'm promoting the boycott via the magazine I work for :)

I don't condone piracy, but I am jealous they will not only get the game for free, but play it without SecureROM's malware and activation, and then use something like Hamachi to play it online (well over a effectively a VPN). This is where the logic breaks down... I'M BEING PUNISHED FOR BEING AN HONEST CONSUMER!?!? HOW THE ubik DOES THAT WORK!?

etc.. :) I'd like to ask everyone here joins me in protest and stops buying any games which include the version of SecureROM which introduces an online check and activation limitations to work. :)

Btw, if you are still not sure what this secureROM can do... google "Spore DRM Problems" and read away. Due to the DRM, spore was the most pirated game ever... lol, it was ready to download a week before release and free of SecureROM... proof that SecureROM does jack *****, other then ***** off honest consumers. :)

Just pre-ordered mine from Game. Double reward points and delivered to my door on day of release. Job done.

Don't have to worry about dashing out before / after work now! Just drive home and plaaaay! :D

I am really looking forward to it too!!! I have been hooked since the first Red Alert... My fave so far I think is Generals Zero Hour, challenge mode on hard was a nightmare to finish! (for me lol)

Looking forward to RA-3.. although I think I'm going to be too skint to buy it this month :(( Just spent £600 on tyres for the M3 :(

S'what ya get for having a galoofing car with galoofing tyres!!! :lol:

I've got all the C&C Games on original copies and then also The First Decade. I played RA3 on the on-line BETA when it was running and it was serious fun.

Double reward points you say?....... may have to pre-order too! :lol:

I don't know what galoofing means.... but I probably agree lol.

I'll have to forcefully remove the Mrs from the PC and Sims II when I get it....

Galloofing, big :P

Gaz - I wasn't aware you liked.. games? :lol:

and yes Pre-ordering it on game gave me £1.53 in reward points! yay. haha....

I see... good word!!!

I have just read about the secure ROM thing... thats really annoying... especially for OCD people like me that like to format their PC at least once a year to keep things running tip -top!

Also its mildly concerning that Vista 64 is not listed.. Last game I bought was Cnc 3 and it crashed horribly on skirmish/online mode!..

Looked awesome on my new build though! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links