Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso Sr Stereo

Blurt

Does anybody else find the Verso SR stereo rubbish? With mine the radio reception is at best mid to poor, weak/crackily, and using CD distorts the Speakers at motorway speeds at moderate volume unless the bass is set to -2 or even less. Unfortunately that means that around town at lower volume it sounds tinny. Have already got the ASL set to low. Have read also that the CD multichanger cannot be used with it. Anyone found any ways of improvement?

Cheers :huh:

Does anybody else find the Verso SR stereo rubbish? With mine the radio reception is at best mid to poor, weak/crackily, and using CD distorts the speakers at motorway speeds at moderate volume unless the bass is set to -2 or even less. Unfortunately that means that around town at lower volume it sounds tinny. Have already got the ASL set to low. Have read also that the CD multichanger cannot be used with it. Anyone found any ways of improvement?

Cheers :huh:

i totally agree with every word you say. every word. bass on minus and asl low makes no difference unless you want the sound to sound like a hearing aid with feedback. crap stereo and probably £15 Speakers....

my tank never takes more than 48 litres either. wish i'd never laid eyes on it. got to go back again to have the window seal replaced as they fitted it so badly it sprung off first time i used the window. they scratched the door whilst fitting it, looks like they used a trained chimp with a crowbar. the brakes are squeking again - already been in once. i know they'll just trim it down. never buy toyota again. 2.5k on the clock and we've never had it fault free in the short 2.5 months we've had it.

• 3 weeks later...

The Stereo *is* awful, every other car that I have driven or been in the last couple of years have had much better quality audio kit - it really lets the Car down in my opinion

If it was just the Speakers, I guess that would be relatiovely easy / cheap to enhance, but I think that the whole unit needs to go.

The design makes it un-nickable, which is nice, but I have no idea what would be involved in upgdrading / replacing

I have had my Verso Spirit for three years now & will be looking to replace next year possibly / probably and the Stereo is important to me & looking at the current model options, there does not seem to be an upgrade :(

Apart from that & the slightly scary fuel guage - I love it!

The Stereo *is* awful, every other car that I have driven or been in the last couple of years have had much better quality audio kit - it really lets the Car down in my opinion

If it was just the speakers, I guess that would be relatiovely easy / cheap to enhance, but I think that the whole unit needs to go.

The design makes it un-nickable, which is nice, but I have no idea what would be involved in upgdrading / replacing

I have had my Verso Spirit for three years now & will be looking to replace next year possibly / probably and the Stereo is important to me & looking at the current model options, there does not seem to be an upgrade :(

Apart from that & the slightly scary fuel guage - I love it!

There will be a new Verso model out in 2009 so hopefully they will have done something with the stereo for that....

Dave

It is rubbisch You got the same as me (see picture) ?

What it actually does is incresing the bass at low volume en reducing the bass on high volume all automatic. And I didn't find a way to shut it down yet. Hopefully somone here knows some way to solve the problem. No, its not the asl setting.

It's behavior isn't so obvious with it's orriginal Speakers.

Those Speakers aren't disigned to give much bass.

I build in an amp with a subwoofer who is verry capable of producing low sound.

A plain carstereo don't give these problems.

post-69649-1227298955_thumb.jpg

Yes matey, thats the one !

Thats interesting, you put an amp & sub off the back of the existing unit?

Years ago, I used to be quite keen on taking things apart and even the odd bit of soldering, but I have to admit that modern cars & audio kit seem just so much more complicated!

Dave

Years ago, I used to be quite keen on taking things apart and even the odd bit of soldering, but I have to admit that modern cars & audio kit seem just so much more complicated!

Dave

It's not so hard, you only need a device that converts high output (the speaker leads) into low line-in signal for your amplifier. My device also has a remote+ to switch on the amp whenever there is sound.

But for us, there is no solution yet because of the bad signal comming out of the orriginal stereo.

Friday I'm gonna visit my toyota dealer and see what comes out.

The only thing I can do for sure is replace the orriginal audio system with a standard one.

You can do it yourself to. You need a replacement silver front (about 50€) designed for standard audio systems, a standard audio system and a converter cable Toyota->ISO, that way you even don't have to solder anything, just plug it in. The only downside is the disabling of the audio controls on the steeringwheel (but some audio brands, like Alpine, are already working on it).

• 2 months later...

Dave

It's not so hard, you only need a device that converts high output (the speaker leads) into low line-in signal for your amplifier. My device also has a remote+ to switch on the amp whenever there is sound.

But for us, there is no solution yet because of the bad signal comming out of the orriginal stereo.

Friday I'm gonna visit my toyota dealer and see what comes out.

The only thing I can do for sure is replace the orriginal audio system with a standard one.

You can do it yourself to. You need a replacement silver front (about 50€) designed for standard audio systems, a standard audio system and a converter cable Toyota->ISO, that way you even don't have to solder anything, just plug it in. The only downside is the disabling of the audio controls on the steeringwheel (but some audio brands, like Alpine, are already working on it).

Please where to find the converter cable Toyota->ISO ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links