Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keep Or Sell The Oem Sat Nav Head Unit?

St Thicket

I've had my car for about a month, and the first thing I noticed was the map not covering my local area. This will cost £130 to upgrade.

Then, the CD changer that is connected to my head unit is caughing slightly when reading CD-R. Quite annoying in the long run, so I'm considering tossing the CD-changer in favour of a dension 300, with USB compatibility. That's about £250.

Then today I discovered that the OEM handsfree is faulty... which would probably be £200 to replace, or perhaps £70 if I buy the dension bluetooth interface.

Together, this upgrade will be about £580!

For this money, I could get a quite good stereo with all the desired functionality and still have money left. Or if I sell the Sat Nav as well, I might have enough money to buy an aftermarket sat nav unit...

Does anyone have a good argument for keeping my OEM unit?

well .....

on the Keep side: you have a unit that fits the gap exactly

on the Change side: For less then that £580, you could get a Full Screen unit with USB Compatibility, bluetooth, Sat-Nav and DVD-Playback features

I know which I would do :)

If i would ever change, then it would be to a brand that support my steering wheel controls. As far as I've seen, it's only Pioneer and Kenwood that has this possibility.

The gap is not worrying me at all. There's several ways of covering it.

Try to burn a CD-R on a slower speed. ;)

If i would ever change, then it would be to a brand that support my steering wheel controls. As far as I've seen, it's only Pioneer and Kenwood that has this possibility.

The gap is not worrying me at all. There's several ways of covering it.

The steering wheel control thing is handy to have. I have not got the interface fitted yet though - Because of the price of it (about £60), and the fact that a lot of the functions are touch-screen, I am seeing how much I miss it first.

BTW, my Kenwood was £500 (plus £20ish for the iPod cable and £10 for side fillers)

I like this pioneer unit... minimalistic look, nice menues and sat nav for an OK price

For a budget model this one could do a nice job. But I don't like blue lights though.

• 2 weeks later...

im in the same situation and finally got round to ordering a sony gt drive with usb for £79 from car audio direct. the Face plate was £14 from eBay. :D

il let you know how i get on!

cheaper option but all i really want is the usb feature.

im a computer dj and i have to listen to my mixes through usb

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links