Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light

krip2454

Last week one of my spark plugs decided to shuffle off it's mortal coil and disintegrate on me :o , resulting in some strange bunny hopping down the road.

The plug had somehow worked itself loose and needless to say the consequences were dire.

Upon changing all four plugs, the engine is now back to it's smooth purring self. Unfortunately, the engine warning light has stuck permanently on and boy did I panic when that started flashing at me.

Is there some way that I can reset the light, or do I have to take it to a dealer?

And if I do, does it have to be a Toyota dealer (I don't fancy losing an arm and a leg)?

• 5 weeks later...

Problem cured.

As advised, I disconnected the Battery for ten minutes and upon reconnection, the light had vanished.

Thanks for whoever gave me this advice, they seemed to have deleted their reply. :)

To krip2454,

Diconnecting Battery or pulling fuse may well clear light & if it stays off all well & good. Problem is light may be out but error code is still located within ECM memory. Any decent garage should be able to plug in equipment, check for any registered fault & clear from memory.

Regards, Beagh.

To krip2454,

Diconnecting battery or pulling fuse may well clear light & if it stays off all well & good. Problem is light may be out but error code is still located within ECM memory. Any decent garage should be able to plug in equipment, check for any registered fault & clear from memory.

Regards, Beagh.

Thanks. I will bear that in mind

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links