Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq

thescotsgod

:driving: Just thought i would give a wee update on the model spec on the base iQ and the premium edition,

1. 15" alloy wheels

2. privacy glass

3. heated, electric door mirrors

4. colour keyed door mirrors

5. side turn indicators on outer door mirrors

6. colour keyed bumpers

7. LED stop lamp

8. manual air con

9. radio, cd, 6 Speakers incl MP3 readability & aux in

10. leather steering wheel with audio switches

11. leather gear shift knob

12. tilt and power steering

13. 9 airbags

14. ABS with brake assist

15. EBD(electronic brake force distribution)

16. VSC/TRC

17. power door lock

18. keyless entry

19. power windows

20. toneau cover

On the premium addition

1. automatic air condition

2. smart entry (boot and doors)

3. push start

4. rain sensors

5. dusk sensors

6. electric retractable, heated door mirrors

7. electrochromatic rear view mirror

8. front fog lamps

9. high gloss 15" alloys

10. darkned bi-halogen headlamps

11. chrome rear light clusters

PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS

BASE MODEL------------------£9520.00

PREMIUM PACK---------------£1000.00

:driving: Just thought i would give a wee update on the model spec on the base iQ and the premium edition,

PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS

BASE MODEL------------------£9520.00

PREMIUM PACK---------------£1000.00

Just got price list from my local dealer and Prices are 9,495 and 10,495 repectively, multidrive option +1K , all on the road prices and they will have one in the showroom mid december. Be interesting to see in the flesh

I've just seen one - Trafford Centre Manchester has one on display for anyone local - near the food court.

My first reaction was how much it was - the model on display was £10,495, 50% more than our Aygo cost, but is it 50% better?

Interior is very high quality, more Yaris, Auris than the cheap offering of the Aygo. Only three doors and the main doors are quite large - opening in car parks may need plenty of room as it's quite a wide car.

Person I spoke to was obviously well programmed to react to any mention of the Aygo - as soon as the name is mentioned she was off! Zero road tax (so that saves me £35, soon to be £20 a year), group 1 insurance, better equipped - it has traction control and stability programme, I can't see the point in either in a city car, congestion charge free - considering only London has a CC and the low CO2 exemption has been dropped this was a red herring.

The spec list above also shows it has plenty of goodies found on larger cars.

My main concern was the rear - no boot and the rear headrests virtually touches the rear window. In a rear end crash I wouldn't want to be in the back. I highlighted this and was told it was NCAP 5* - it probably is, but that only tests a front impact was my response.

All in all expensive for a city car. Toyota will have to do some real selling to overcome the obvious comparison with the Aygo. If you want a better specced Toyota city car get saving.

Yup yup...I also saw it today at the Trafford Centre.

I like it a lot, but don't think its worth that amount of money.

Yup yup...I also saw it today at the Trafford Centre.

I like it a lot, but don't think its worth that amount of money.

0-60mph is over 14 seconds, and the torque is 90Nm at 4800 rpm, all because they want to keep emission at 99g/km. Shame, because it could be a right pocket rocket with such a low kerb weight.

The Aygo (which shares the same engine) has 97Nm at 3600rpm and 0-60 at 12ish seconds for the price of an extra 10g/km. I think the IQ will boost Aygo sales

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links