Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Booked In For Some Clutch Work! (tomorrow)

ballist1x

Guys, so ive had a dodgy clutch since i bought the car and decided to change it. i wanted exedy stage 1 but funds/time do not prevail so i had to go for a quick solution.

my local motorfactors said they had an LUK in for £87 so i sent my dad to pick it up, ive finally got hold of it, and its a Blueprint, similar to MiniMarcs, and only cost £89.99 bonza!!

... what other goodies do i have? Energy Suspension Motor Mount Insert set, direct from MWR in black, plus the extended slave pushrod!

these should help stop engine movement - resulting in better engine response plus more solid front end (solid mounts did wonders for my previous motor). and the pushrod to help ensure that there is zero clutch drag on gear changes.

the two cost me $100 US shipped to the UK and took about 3-4 days delivery!

feedback comes tomorrow night when its all done!

dsc00238pk2.th.jpgthpix.gif

got it back, clutch much better.

Only the front motor mount inserts fitted 100% i am looking into what i can do with the rears now as the "insert" bit doesnt full fill the gap properly.

waitin info from stateside as to how to proceed, cos i am currently running 1 mount on 1 off.:/

update

went to a local scrapper this morning and picked up a spare rear motor mount from a facelift TS (£45).

the good news for all facelift owners is that the ES motor mount inserts fit 100% perfectly into your mounts. for a $30 upgrade i cannot recommend this mod highly enough.

sure you wiill get a bit extra NHV in your cab and steering wheel but sheez it tightens up the front end so much, the car is literally point and squirt now, as well as feeling a tiny bit quicker due to the lack of "torquing" on the engine with these fitted. If you want to give your corolla a more race car, gutteral, hardcore feel. get these. you will NOT be dissapointed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links