Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Broken Yaris

e20sr

Hi, havent posted before but am really stumped. Got a Yaris SR, X REG, so nearly 8 years old... driving up the motor way and the engine stopped... called out RAC who said the AW OR AM fuse was blew, he fixed it and it blew again repeatedly. He called a friend at toyota who said it could have something to do with the alternator. a few times it got going again and i drove it for a few while before it happend again. Got a new alternator, fitted now garage informed me its not fixed the problem, any ideas or advice would be appreciated?!!?

Hi, I've just experience a similar problem yesterday, my 02 SR with 98000 miles whist slowing down getting off the motorway, just stalled!!, it was quite scary and it just would not start up again. After a minute of trying I was able to gas the peddle whist starting and it started, not before an engine waring light came up, that was cleared and the error code had something to do with short circuit in the ignition system. Just to note my altonator has to be replaced soon as it is making noises.

Weird thing is my car seems to work now after a stint on the motorway and cant recreate the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links