Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lexus Lights Hit The Uk - Finally!

mattmr2

You may like to choose the soon to be revision6 exhaust - i'll keep you posted. All I can tell you is it will be twin exit and very shiney!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• Bibbs

• Jimlad

• mattmr2

mmm that exhaust has got me hot under the collar just from the word shiney! will it be suitable for N/A engines.

also would i get some sort of discount if i bought all that stuff at once?

how do you get your lights to light up in fours ??

DO you just need a different wiring loom ?

They can be converted, I know a guy who owned a uk MR2 with Ferrari F40 body kit.... :ffs: ...and he had his converted to light up all 4 rear lights as on imports, apparently he just swapped some feeds over in the rear clusters.?!?!? :blink:

I don't know the particulars but I suppose an afternoon with some crimpers, wirecutters and a box of fuses may do the trick.. ???

Clickhere to have a look at it...

it can be done very easily mate, there was a good write up on the net with pictures in it. It really is as simple as rearranging a few wires. It's in my favourites (but so are about 100 other mr2 sites!) i'll have a looky n see if i can find it!

i found it, but unfortunatley he doesnt detail on how to perform the exact procedure into making all 4 lights light up! I'm sure its as simple as just bridging a few conenctions though... anyway heres the link

http://mr2.noegruts.com/howto.htm

they also have a pic step by step guide for installing the silver sill plates that were only available on the 10th anniversary editions, how to change the ignition timing, and the eccentric t-top rod guide installation. Well worth a look if youre into diy! :ph34r:

In theory it should be dead easy, simpy wire the unconnected set of lights into the set that are connected on both sides. As long as this is done in paralell there should be no problems (a serial connection will effectively halve the power going to each light). The only thing to consider is whether the resulting current load will blow the fuse, but I very much doubt it.

he had his converted to light up all 4 rear lights as on imports, apparently he just swapped some feeds over in the rear clusters.?!?!?

I just went to Rogue Systems and they did 'em for me !!

and my US rear side lights ..

I've now got all 6 lights lit .. and when I brake the middle four light up and the high level one ..

Ok... now I am confused.

I thought all Mk2 imports had 4 rears? Mine has and I have seen loads like mine.

Didnt they add the extra lights for the fog lamps?

It defo looks better with 4 rears. Looks like an import..lol.

My bad boy taken with my nokia phone..

MR2d.jpg

The OEM lighting pattern is a weird one, J-spec Gen III's have the outside 2 light up on park lights and normal then when you break ALL 4 go bright including the top roof one.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

But my Rev1??

Gen I + II have all 4 as oem. When I installed my Gen III lights on my old Gen II they had all 4 light up but I just re-wired it to get the real Gen III look......now I have Gen III and it has it as oem.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Thats something we will be looking in to, a kind of package to update the whole car. I basically need to wait for confirmed prices and then i'll stick something on the website.

Unfortunatly the initial exhausts will be for turbos, we'll see how that goes and then perhaps develop one for the N/A.

Matt.

Right this is gettin a bit confusing now. My rev4 has the rev3+ lights like this :

OO OO

now then as standard my lights when just 'on' are like this

OO OO

BUT I want this when my lights are just 'on'

OO OO

Any more accurate guides on how to do this?

PLUS will there be a guide on wiring up the rouge lights to create this effect?

AND does it have the foglight integrated into the rear cluster like UK models of the same year?

That's what I wanted .. and Patrick @ Rogue systems wired it up for me with a few diodes.

was(numbers are brightness, 0-off, 1-on, 2-bright)

side lights

10 01

side lights and braking

20 02

fogs

02 20

fogs and sides

12 21

fogs and brakes

22 22

now

side lights

11 11

side lights and braking

22 22

fogs

02 20

fogs and sides

12 21

fogs and brakes

22 22

then I have the reflectors lit .. they are on all the time the sides are ..

guh it must be pretty simple can any1 throw up some adjustement guide thingy?

boring... :(

bryan-taillights.jpg

Got 305GT? :)

jon-taillights.jpg

Ask MattMR2 to speak to Patrick about a wiring diagram .. as I said they did mine ..

Right this is gettin a bit confusing now. My rev4 has the rev3+ lights like this :

OO OO

now then as standard my lights when just 'on' are like this

OO OO

BUT I want this when my lights are just 'on'

OO OO

Any more accurate guides on how to do this?

PLUS will there be a guide on wiring up the rouge lights to create this effect?

AND does it have the foglight integrated into the rear cluster like UK models of the same year?

my lights are the same as yours mate.. I also want them to light up with all 4 of them.

boring... :(

bryan-taillights.jpg

Got 305GT? :)

jon-taillights.jpg

I want red sidemarkers for a rev 3 !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links