Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Oil.

t-sport786

Hi guys iv got a tsport. I want to change my oil, could anyone possibly tell me what oil im meant to use and which makes you'v had good experiences with.

Thanks in advance.

And remember your driving a 'performance/sporty car' so change oil at least ever 4000 - 5000 mile or twice a year (which ever is sooner)!

And remember your driving a 'performance/sporty car' so change oil at least ever 4000 - 5000 mile or twice a year (which ever is sooner)!

good advice. My rolla could never be described as 'performace', unless prefixed with 'under', but even I change every 6 months/4500 miles.

I use fully synthetic 5w40, which can be had from Tesco for £18 for 4 litres. Whether it is suitable for your sporty car I couldn't say. Might be just fine, unless the handbook specifies 0w oil, in which case do not use it.

I'm not sure about the difference between 'branded' and 'non-branded' oils, particularly if they are changed often. No doubt the branded stuff has better detergents to dissolve/neutralise nasties like combustion gases and small particulates while retaining lubrication properties for longer than non-branded stuff, but I wonder if it's worth the considerable price difference. I think the high performance branded oils will only show their worth over cheaper stuff if used for extended intervals, eg 15000 miles.

Certainly the oil that comes out of mine at a change is nowhere near black which suggests it is far from reaching the end of its life.

mobil 1 0w40 gets my vote.

4th Vote here! never had any issues with this oil.

Looks like Mobil 1 0w 40 is gona be the one, thanks guys.

Im thinking might aswell service it, what about spark plugs does it matter which ones i use, apparently Iridium ones are meant to be good...???

Iv ordered a K&N oil filter, any suggestions on fuel filter aswell?

The CTS has Iridium plugs as standard! :thumbsup: How many miles your CTS done? No need to change 'em unless you've done about 60k on 'em.

No idea on fuel filter though!

I used genuine Toyota Motor Oil 10/40 Semi Synthetic at service a few days ago and to be honest out of all oils, the car seems to run happiest on it. Millers 5w30/10w40 XSS is also good stuff.

As said before, change oil every 5/6k, especially on something like a 1.8L that produces 190bhp.

The CTS has Iridium plugs as standard! :thumbsup: How many miles your CTS done? No need to change 'em unless you've done about 60k on 'em.

No idea on fuel filter though!

Its just touched 58K so i might aswell change the spark plugs..... or do you reckon i should just wait?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links