Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advise Please

sootytorques

Im currently runing a 56 reg skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI, which has caused me no end of trouble, looking to change for a Avensis 2.0 D4D, probably buy a year old model, what do I need to lok at for, what is the best model, I see Toyota are selling brand new T2 hatchbacks for £11995, a bargin surely.

I'm currently ruining a 56 reg skid Octavia 1.9 TDI, which has caused me no end of trouble, looking to change for a Avensis 2.0 D4D, probably buy a year old model, what do I need to lok at for, what is the best model, I see Toyota are selling brand new T2 hatchbacks for £11995, a bargin surely.

lol i was going to change my 2006 d4d t3x 2.2 for a skoda superb!!!!! lol stay away from all 2.2 d4d model,s mine has 50k and just put a new head gasket in and injectors , they say the 2.0 d4d is the best model , spec designs im not sure of whatever floats your boat lol ,, personally speaking i would never ever buy a new car , you could pick up a car with say 15k diesel and save a fortune ,the t3x is a good model but no cruise control!!!!!! also very very squeaky dash in the avensis and loads and loads of costly clutch problems ,, also the petrol ones have known to burn lots of oil which i think Toyota has extended the warranty's and i think the petrol avensis to avoid is the 1.8 vvti my friend in the car trade has said nothing but bother!!!! , I'm currently driving my new shape vectra with 240,000 miles whilst waiting on my avensis getting the gasket , vectras are frowned on by some people lol only bother Ive had with them is from the suspension which is cheap to rectify , the avensis problems are very very costly and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else costly can go wrong , to be fair when i took my car in i found my Toyota dealer very very good and HONEST they didn't give me the run round they told me what was happening and didn't keep me wondering when the car is coming back ,, if you're changing car make sure you hammer out the best deal , they cant sell cars and now is the best time to whop up a bargain , any more problems with my avensis and its getting traded in,, ALSO THE NEW SHAPE MODEL IS COMING OUT IN A FEW MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To sootytorques,

May be the T2 or Tr with the 2litre D4D engine. Nice car inside as standard without any option packs. As irishjay points out, the backside has fallen out of the market, drive for a series bargain as cars are just sitting outside dealership with little movement. On my tavels in my part of the world i pass massive car lots down in Co.Waterford & they are rammed with cars that sellers just cannot move. Remember its a buyers market & look for your car towards the end of the month, sales staff have to meet targets.

All main dealers no matter what brand of car are pretty much in the same boat.

Cannot really pass fair comment on 2.2d as most are still within the trade work wise. Have heard horror stories, but yet at the same time a friend up at the crossroads has a Lexus 2.2d & he swears by it, has never given any trouble what so ever apart from wear & tear items.

You could also use Toyota.uk to build your ideal car before visiting dealer (but don't pay price shown on web) so your for warned.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links