Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil And Filter Change Sr180 2.2 Diesel

muddybuggy

hi all i have a auris sr180 2.2 diesel and would like to change oil filter and oil trouble is i cant seem to find oil filter not much room under the bonnet LOL can anyboby help with instructions or photos also can i drop oil without taking that rather large plastic sump gaurd off many thanks .

I thought there was an access flap in the engine undertray that unclipped to allow access to the Sump Plug, and filter.

I've not actually tried access myself, but that's what I've been lead to believe.

Why do it yourself? You will loose any warranty doing it this way.

Oil filter is an element type housed in a metal casing on the drivers side of the engine underneath. You will need to remove the 10mm self tapping screw from the flap on the plastic undertray to access the filter housing.

Undo the plug (either 14mm hex or 3/8ths square end will remove this. it all depends what plug is fitted)

in the GENUINE toyota oil filter box there will be a small plastid drain tube - push this into the centre of the filter housing to empty the oil in the filter.

Next you will need to undo the housing itself (i think the size is 63mm for the oil filter cup) the housing is usually pretty tight

When removed make sure you change the large rubber seal (supplied with Genuine filter) and when refitting make sure you fit the small rubber seal into the base of the housing before refitting the plug or you will soon be loosing alot of oil very quickly.

You also dont need to remove the undertray to drop the oil there is a small cut out where the 14mm sump plug is.

Mart.

• 14 years later...
On 12/1/2008 at 8:37 PM, moonstone mart said:

Why do it yourself? You will loose any warranty doing it this way.

Oil filter is an element type housed in a metal casing on the drivers side of the engine underneath. You will need to remove the 10mm self tapping screw from the flap on the plastic undertray to access the filter housing.

Undo the plug (either 14mm hex or 3/8ths square end will remove this. it all depends what plug is fitted)

in the GENUINE toyota oil filter box there will be a small plastid drain tube - push this into the centre of the filter housing to empty the oil in the filter.

Next you will need to undo the housing itself (i think the size is 63mm for the oil filter cup) the housing is usually pretty tight

When removed make sure you change the large rubber seal (supplied with Genuine filter) and when refitting make sure you fit the small rubber seal into the base of the housing before refitting the plug or you will soon be loosing alot of oil very quickly.

You also dont need to remove the undertray to drop the oil there is a small cut out where the 14mm sump plug is.

Mart.

Hi, I know this is old. 63mm for the filter cup? looking to buy one online. Many Thanks 

On 8/14/2023 at 7:46 AM, Stivino said:

This?

Was thinking oil change on my auris 2.2 sr180. Just wanted to know what size of tool to undo the filter cup for oil filter. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links