Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Improving Headlights

shedend

Hi guys,

Any suggestions for improving my CTS lighting? My previous car had zeons which i miss, but the conversions i have seen to change to these are not E-rated, so technically illegal. Okay, i know in reality nothing is likely to occur, but with the cost for his type of conversio as well I wondered what the alternativs were? I see Halfords are doing 'Extreme Brilliance Bulb' (Up to 90% brighter than a standard headlight bulb) but not sure if they fit as when i put my model in it comes up as for a verso?? so anyone done anything to improve the bulbs??

Cheers for any help B)

ye i too am looking for new headlight conversions.

HID kits is on the top of the list but for legal issues i would prefer if there were some alternatives. i dont want the bluey lights im just after the pure white colour like you seen on the mercs etc

if nothing is available i might just have to get the 6k HID's

I've got some 5000k xenon gas filled bulbs. Fully E Marked and road legal and I like 'em!

Sides:

24102008247.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

Dipped:

24102008249.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

Nice and bright. For the sidelights and Dipped beams it'll cost you £24.98. I sourced mine from an ex member but you can find 'em in many places.

Infact!

Here's the sidelights: Clicky

Here's the Dipped beams: Clicky

Unsure on delivery costs as I collected mine. That is the place He got them from though.

Oh, you do get two bulbs for the price on screen although it is only showing one. :thumbsup:

wow nice one kearon!

£3.51 for a pair of bulbs, cant get better than that.

how long do they last you? cos i use to get bulbs for my old peugeot 306 the xenon ones and they would last a few months. so am i right in thinking these will also last a good few months?

I've got some 5000k Xenon gas filled bulbs. Fully E Marked and road legal and I like 'em!

Nice and bright. For the sidelights and Dipped beams it'll cost you £24.98. I sourced mine from an ex member but you can find 'em in many places.

Infact!

Unsure on delivery costs as I collected mine. That is the place He got them from though.

Oh, you do get two bulbs for the price on screen although it is only showing one. :thumbsup:

great for the heads up - is fitting a problem?

I've got some 5000k Xenon gas filled bulbs. Fully E Marked and road legal and I like 'em!

Infact!

great for the heads up - is fitting a problem?

Not if you have small hands or a pair of long nose Pliers, have a search and you will find loads of threads about changing the bulbs.

Dont expect any change of bulb to match the performance or light pattern of factory Xenons, it cant be done.

ah, arthritic hands might be a problem then! Ah well another job for my mrs then ;) i know they wont be the same, just want something bit better than current ones - anything to make driving in the forest at night easier!

Unsure about how long they'll last. Everyone I know that uses them has atleast had them 4-5 months so far and they're fine.

Time will tell I suppose! As for fitting them... I'd recommend doing the passenger side first, you can remove the Battery and see what you're doing. That side is a doddle. Once that sides done you know what you're doing on the drivers side but you will need a slim hand / some long nosed pliers. I just used my fingers and a small mirror to see what I was doing. I did it the dark too! :lol:

Edit: Er... The plug will probably need a rather good tug to get it off the bulb. so don't be scared of pulling it! :P

i have xenons never had any trouble with them by the police etc. and yes changing bulbs is difficult!! patience and small hands are needed. I cant change bulbs with long nose pliers iv been trying to do my sidelight bulbs and aaaaaaaaaaaargh! i cant.

i have xenons never had any trouble with them by the police etc. and yes changing bulbs is difficult!! patience and small hands are needed. I cant change bulbs with long nose pliers iv been trying to do my sidelight bulbs and aaaaaaaaaaaargh! i cant.

I don’t wish to be pedantic but you've got HID's not Xenons!

I don’t wish to be pedantic but you've got HID's not Xenons!

Got to agree with Cabs! HID kit's aren't the same as Xenons!

Putting in the cheaper xenon or Halogens may look white/blueish. After several months, they tend to turn back yellowish. And another thing when using this bulbs.. fter a while of using this, The headlamp cover i the front tend to fog up and become not as clear as the original headlamps. I mean the whole headlamp cover, not the bulb itself.

If you are to use a xenon or bright white beams bulbs, go for a better branded one (Eg: Philips). Else, go for the HID kits.. That one, you'll have very clear light and white. Very focus and intense direct beams.

I used to have one super bright white lights I got it cheap from eBay somewhere shipped from China.. Super cheap but it end up melting the whole holder. Besides, fog up my headlamp cover.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links