Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie '89 Celica Few Questions.

XXX Celica

Hello everyone I'm new here and to Celica's, I have recently bought a '89 Celica 2.0L GT, and am enjoying driving it alot. I want to install some Ice in it namely a 15" RE XXX subwoofer and also some front comps. I was wondering if anyone could answer some quick questions I have, I was wondering what ampage the alternator is, and also where the surpressor is on it as I can't see it. If anyone could tell me the size of the standard speaker's in the front and back that would be a great help.

Many thanks in advance.

Tim.

• 2 weeks later...

1-1026-01ND.jpg

This is a picture of the alternator on a USDM 89 celica. WAI says it's a 70amp.

As for the supressor, it's on the bottom of the regulator.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaker sizes - summat like 8 flippin inch in the front! Door panel is dead easy to get off really.

I put 'standard' sized Speakers in the front but had to make rims to fit them. You can purchase ready made adapters from somewhere though for not too much.

Rear Speakers - different matter - are small standard round ones. The moulding, brackets are very unusual and you have to basically strip out all the panelling and the rear seat to get at them.

Fortunately I am quite industrious and hell or high water got 6x9's in the back on mine - one of extremely few to do it B) :P

My 6x9's - WOOHOO! - Was a PAIN to do though !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links