Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Potential Verso Purchase

Pants

Hi folks first post here so please be kind :)

I'm not sure if this appropriate for this forum but I was wondering whether anyone

had any comments on the following:

I'm thinking about getting an 05 1.8 petrol Toyota Verso T-Spirit. 25K ~£8k.

My only concern is it's CO2 figure is 184 g/km which will be Band I (or even Band J on the now postponed VED rates). I'm just a bit concerned that if/when the Government bring in the postponed higher rates the tax on it will be ~£300 it will be even harder to sell than 4x4s are now?

Looking at the new Toyota Avensis Engines the Petrols (40 mpg-153 g/km) are better than most current Diesels

HonestJohn. So if by some miracle I was looking to trade the car in 4-5 years from now it would be even less than squat. I was wondering whether it might be best to sit tight for 2.0 05/55 D4D T3 for a similar mileage/price or a diesel Spirit with+40K on the clock. I guess the fuel/service costs vs economy pretty much cancel themselves out on my annual mileage, 4-5k a year 60% of which is city driving. .

I've driven both the Petrol and the Diesel and apart from the obvious Torque differences can't say I noticed a whole lot of difference.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Pants

My only concern is it's CO2 figure is 184 g/km which will be Band I (or even Band J on the now postponed VED rates). I'm just a bit concerned that if/when the Government bring in the postponed higher rates the tax on it will be ~£300 it will be even harder to sell than 4x4s are now?

Sorry I can't help you with your decision, but I am very jealous of your car tax rates, in Holland it is:

1.8 Petrol €552 per year.

2.2 Diesel €1320 per year.

and from my visit to the UK just before Christmas you petrol is cheaper to! Perhaps I should move back ;)

Success with your choice, the Verso really is a fantastic machine, I love mine.

Andy.

It really depends what the most important features of the car are for you. For me it was finding the narrowest most fuel efficient 7 seater I could, so I went for a Diesel Verso.

If my top priority had been for the most cost effective 7 seater on the market I would probably have gone for a Citroen Picasso.

Citroen/Peugeot and now Ford and BMW (who have shared their engine technology) make some of the lowest CO2 emitting diesel engines on the market today.

I would not base my purchase on CO2 emissions alone as a future Government may decide that some other factor determines the amount of road tax we pay. If the planned pay per mile scheme gets introduced then CO2 figures may not count for anything, just where and when you drive.

I would not base my purchase on CO2 emissions alone as a future Government may decide that some other factor determines the amount of road tax we pay. If the planned pay per mile scheme gets introduced then CO2 figures may not count for anything, just where and when you drive.

Indeed good point, it is all ifs buts and maybes at the moment.

Hello,

I have the 2.2D and think it is great. I looked at a whole range of factors before buying it including running costs. The price of diesel has crept up, but I still think I made the right decision. The threat of tax changes is always there, but I think as the last year has shown us, there are so many factors that can change everything. Who would have expected VAT to go down, for the price of crude to vary by so much and for interest rates to be down to 1.5%.

The Verso is a reliable vehicle that is a real pleasure to drive. I upgraded from a Mercedes A-class and everything about the Verso has impressed me (except perhaps its turning circle, but then it is a much longer car!). I think the diesel engines suits it really well so the extra cost has been a worthwhile investment.

Resale is important, but not as important as loving the car whilst you own it. I listened to years of Mercedes reassuring me that the expensive servicing would pay me back when it came to resale. Blah, blah, blah. They were wrong and converted me back to Toyota.

Good luck in your decision.

Cheers Graham

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links