Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Inflators Mains And Manual

blackbear

Hello All,

I am a New member although I have been lurking for sometime now and I would like to say thank you to all your contributors . I have gained a lot of good solid advice along the way.

I am thinking of purchasing the Ring "Mains" tyre inflator . This unit is connected directly to your House etc power supply.

Question : Has anyone had experience of this unit.

Also thought about the Draper manual heavy duty hand pump any obsevations would be appreciated.

I have a Silver 1999 Rav 4. 3 door Heat Petrol auto Which I use only occassionally and find that the Battery goes down after a few days and I need to charge it up before I use it to blow up the tyres.

I would appreciate any advice on the aforementioned. Thank You B

Welcome formally to this forii then!! And another 3 door RAV - I'm so proud !!!!!!

Must admit over the years I gave up on the 12V tyre pumps - slow and not much good for anything other than a wee top-up. I also bought a mains charged jump start thing in a yellow plastic casing which had a compressor - cost about £30 and the compressor lasted less than 2 months - it failed on the 2nd use! The jump start was not heavy enough for the landrover so I ended up buying another big Battery to use for jump starting and just trickle charge that one now and again.

You might want to look at some of last years posts on trickle chargers.

I've a professional size compressor in my garage with an air line and tyre pressure gauge that I use when necessary and it avoids having to go to a garage. Its a big beast of a thing which I got from eBay for £50 and works fine for any pneumatic stuff altho I got carried away polishing the van when I had it!!! Rubbed off a layer of paint!!

With 3 spare sets of wheels/tyres for the RAVs, I've not had any problems with tyre pressure - so if a tyre is losing a bit of pressure, maybe its got a slow puncture/ bad valve/ or not seating on the wheel??

Welcome to TOC, a few on here use this one -

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165648

I use this one..not the quietest but does the job and the lights are handy as well....to find the dust cap that I always drop :unsure: :unsure:

I have one of those yellow cased things, and mine is o.k., although most Toyota owners will not require it for jump starting. I would not trust the guage on it though, in the same way as I would not trust most of those in fuel stations.

Foot pump, eco-friendly and good exercise :lol::lol:

I'm told ye can suffer a DVT if the tyres flat!!!! In the leg thats still :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello all,

Further information that may be of interest with regard to the tyre inflation. BB mentioned that I may have been suffering from a slow leakage brought on by a number of causes. I had given that some thought anyway as I am well past the 3 score years and ten and the suppleness of my youth has deserted me . I cannot haul these big wheels around anymore. I went down to my local Universal tyres and they took up the cudgel on my behalf and lo and behold they eventually found the culprit.

The leakage was from behind the "lead balance weight" and you had to look very very closely to see the wee bubbles making their way oot !!

Problem solved by removing the tyre from wheel resealing it and putting the balance weights on the inside of the alloy wheels.

I will monitor it now and hope it has been cured for the princely sum of £12.00 sterling.

Thanks to all for you advice. B

Welcome formally to this forii then!! And another 3 door RAV - I'm so proud !!!!!!

Must admit over the years I gave up on the 12V tyre pumps - slow and not much good for anything other than a wee top-up. I also bought a mains charged jump start thing in a yellow plastic casing which had a compressor - cost about £30 and the compressor lasted less than 2 months - it failed on the 2nd use! The jump start was not heavy enough for the landrover so I ended up buying another big battery to use for jump starting and just trickle charge that one now and again.

I've a professional size compressor in my garage with an air line and tyre pressure gauge that I use when necessary and it avoids having to go to a garage. Its a big beast of a thing which I got from ebay for £50 and works fine for any pneumatic stuff altho I got carried away polishing the van when I had it!!! Rubbed off a layer of paint!!

With 3 spare sets of wheels/tyres for the RAVs, I've not had any problems with tyre pressure - so if a tyre is losing a bit of pressure, maybe its got a slow puncture/ bad valve/ or not seating on the wheel??

Hello BB, I took your advice and went to the garage and discovered a very slow leak from behind the lead balance weights. Posted reply to all in case someone else has problem. Thanks again.

Must admit over the years I gave up on the 12V tyre pumps - slow and not much good for anything other than a wee top-up. I also bought a mains charged jump start thing in a yellow plastic casing which had a compressor - cost about £30 and the compressor lasted less than 2 months - it failed on the 2nd use! The jump start was not heavy enough for the landrover so I ended up buying another big battery to use for jump starting and just trickle charge that one now and again.

I've a professional size compressor in my garage with an air line and tyre pressure gauge that I use when necessary and it avoids having to go to a garage. Its a big beast of a thing which I got from ebay for £50 and works fine for any pneumatic stuff altho I got carried away polishing the van when I had it!!! Rubbed off a layer of paint!!

Hello BB, I took your advice and went to the garage and discovered a very slow leak from behind the lead balance weights. Posted reply to all in case someone else has problem. Thanks again.

very kind of you to feedback !! Much appreciated that at last something I've said has helped!!

Sounds like £12 well spent - and I wish you many more years of RAV driving!!

You're just a youngster yet - my father has his 90th birthday on Thursday and he's still driving (well not very far and no-one will be a passenger in his car :thumbsup: )

Interesting about the lead balance - most weights are stuck onto the inside rim of alloys although they sometimes come off. Wonder how many others have suffered the same slow leak due to a misplaced weight?

cheers!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links