Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chip Tuning T180

Ninja Geezer

Was thinking of a avensis then realised that it was just too big a car now looking towards the auris. 1 question how does the motor run with a chip on it taking it to an alleged 215 bhp ?? does it take care of the low down no power flat spot below 2000 rpm ?? i spoke to diesel tuner hull today and they reckon with there chip it is superb on the T180 motor (they would though) any thoughts ??. ive got a sr180 5 door to borrow for the day this thursday for work to see how i like it.

had a very short drive with 3 people in it including a very large salesperson 18-20 stone and was not very impressed by the engine so will try on thursday on my own.

any thoughts

thanks

paul. :)

Was thinking of a avensis then realised that it was just too big a car now looking towards the auris. 1 question how does the motor run with a chip on it taking it to an alleged 215 bhp ?? does it take care of the low down no power flat spot below 2000 rpm ?? i spoke to diesel tuner hull today and they reckon with there chip it is superb on the T180 motor (they would though) any thoughts ??. ive got a sr180 5 door to borrow for the day this thursday for work to see how i like it.

had a very short drive with 3 people in it including a very large salesperson 18-20 stone and was not very impressed by the engine so will try on thursday on my own.

any thoughts

thanks

paul. :)

Chipping the t180 is a bit of a sketchy area. With the wrong chip it doesnt respond well to overfuelling so research and buy the right one. Theres a few mentioned here, dragon, tunit and spider (however 1 avensis owner had a prob with spider).

People who have had it chipped thinks it has awesome power and just keeps going and going.

I'm waiting to chip mine but i'm playing it safe and waiting for someone on here, parts king to get the t180 chips in and test them on their cars as they are a toyota garage. I believe they are getting some chips in this month or next month to test.

As for performance. Forget what you experienced on thur, i find a difference in performance just have my 9 stone wife, 10 year old and baby in the car. So a massive salesman and other people would not give you a good idea.

As for driving it, the t180 is great.... in first gear just like any diesel don't expect good standing start performance. However get it in second, get a steady speed for 20mph then floor it to 3.6k rpm just to get an idea of its shove. The do the same in 3rd at 30mph. Then take it on the m-way and try some overtakes. Providing your engine is warm and your not going uphill you can start off in second gear proving you have some revs and it flies.

Its long geared and quite linear for a diesel its also very quiet really so you can't use your hearing to guage speed as there is no engine or exhaust note. Just look at the speedo or do some overtakes so you can see how it compares to other cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links