Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Ambient Footwell Lighting

Rick D4D

As I dont have a Celica TS, If you want them to work like you said you fit them as I dont and wont have any instructions

Thanks for your reply :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick D4D

• Speed_Chaser

• GreyRacer

• Juandachu

I have put orange CCFLs in the footwells of my Auris. It looks so nice, that people think it's stock :D I have mine wired to a switch so I can turn it off in case I get pulled over. it's pretty easy, if you buy them already prepared for cars (12V lighter plug) you just cut off the plug and wire it directly to the lighter (for example, any 12V source is good)

I'll see if I can get a good pic :D

I have put orange CCFLs in the footwells of my Auris. It looks so nice, that people think it's stock :D I have mine wired to a switch so I can turn it off in case I get pulled over. it's pretty easy, if you buy them already prepared for cars (12V lighter plug) you just cut off the plug and wire it directly to the lighter (for example, any 12V source is good)

How do you wire them directly to the lighter?? Pictyres would be great if possible. =]

How do you wire them directly to the lighter?? Pictyres would be great if possible. =]

I allready asked the same thing by PM, maybe I'll write my questions here too, so the others would be able to read too.

I asked how did Juandachu wire them to the lighter, did he seal the connections or just put the wires together. Also

how is it possible to connect the switch to the lights and where to put the wire going from the lights to switch...

Hoping you'll help us Juandachu!

Best regards, Alex

Well, first some pics of how it looks... I'm sorry about the mess :D It's been rainy and stuff lately and haven't gotten around to cleaning up :P

post-70616-1232917050_thumb.jpg

post-70616-1232917061_thumb.jpg

And as far as the whole connecting it to the lighter thing goes...

It's pretty easy and requires no soldering, easily removable and everything...

Lift up the plastic cover where the lighter is...

post-70616-1232917073_thumb.jpg

Now hook up the wires to the same jacks on the lighter and plug back in... +12 goes to the center prong, and ground to the outside one :D

post-70616-1232917085_thumb.jpg

Now, put a switch on the +12 wire and place it wherever you like... I chose the little compartment under the console which I only use for the air freshener :P

post-70616-1232917192_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

Thanks for the instruction, I'm sure your info will be very helpful for many users here!

You have plenty of mods even though you just joined the club...

Usually people start doing them after joining and looking

around for some time, they get inspired by what others to and so :D

I see you have Kenwood DNX-5220, that's a cool player.

Have you managed to change the start-up screen? Here's an instruction,

4th post from the top. I think there's something wrong with my USB connection etc as I didn't

manage to change the screen and my photos from the USB are working strange too.

You have plenty of mods even though you just joined the club...

Usually people start doing them after joining and looking

around for some time, they get inspired by what others to and so :D

Best regards, Alex

No problem :D

Most of my mods are inspired by a friend who is very tech-savvy as far as electrical work goes. I owe most of the ideas to him.

The screen is actually a DDX-5022 with a KNA-G520 navigator. I got the both of them for just 650 euros :P Oh, and I just installed it today, thanks in part to that post you mentioned, because I needed to mod the metal brackets :D

If I get any more mods done I'll try to post pictures.

One of the things I have done is run a wire straight from the hood fusebox to the trunk through a small opening on the right hand side of the car (passenger's side in Spain), once inside the car, I ran it through the door frames along with other wires so there's no trace of the wire anywhere... Now I can have my mini-sub connected there with no wires showing anywhere :D Almost 6 meters of wire used! When I went to the store to buy it, the man there even asked me if I was going to do the installation on a large van or something xD

When I went to the store to buy it, the man there even asked me if I was going to do the installation on a large van or something xD

LOL :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

MODERATORS NOTE:

Please keep this thread "ON TOPIC"...............T180 Ambient Footwell Lighting :rolleyes:

I now have these Ambient Footwell light kits on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=110342756056 please feel free to check my feedback on what people think of this kit I make

Has many people been interested/ordered these for their Auris? Just curious...

Best regards, Alex

7 watches but no buyers, it was like this with the civic but once a few people have bought them and left feedback they now sell steady

• 6 months later...

Can you please share here instalation instructions for lighting kit? I just want to know where to connect it. Thank you.

I did not use the scotch locks and just trapped the wires on the connections in the pins on the socket.

This is an extreemly dangerous way of making electrical connections on vehicle installations, and could potentially lead to a fire.................Your motor insurers will not cover any damage caused by fires from such "amateur" installations.

I note that your system does not appear to be independently fused................If this is so, any breaks in the wiring could potentially short out and may result in a fire.

No responsibility is accepted for any damage occurring as a result of installing this product

Purchasers of your system should ensure themselves that the system meets current standards of construction and use regulations with regard to adequate fuse protection of the system.

it is fused by the circuit that you connect to which is a 5a or 7.5a depending on the car, being an 17th edition approved electrician with over 17 years experience I am well aware of this and having sold well over 200 kits for civics I am sure the instructions are good, as for trapping the wires in one respect you are very correct but for a fire you need current and when you have a 10a fuse or less I am sorry you wont get current as the fuse would blow a long time before the wire would even get warm, plus the fact the leds current is so low you would not be able to measure it with standard equipment.

I would also like to point out the damage part is there because if people damage something then they wont blame me, I dont know how good peoples fitting skills are but I will 100% guarantee the instructions are 100% correct for this kit to work like I said.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links