Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie With A Mr2

Morawa

Hi All, just brought home my first MR2 today and it's wicked! It an 04 plate with 21400 miles and perfect condition in and out, the price was at £6998 is that good or bad? Also just wondered if you guys could give me some hints on tyre pressure and which tyres are the best to buy for holding the road. Any other hints and tips are more than welcome. Have included a pic on the link

Thanks, Mo :rolleyes:

Hi Mo and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

The price and mileage isn't too bad although they seem to be dropping on all second hand cars now :( and winter is always the best time to buy a soft top :yes:

Tyres will always be a matter of choice, I have run Yoko's from new and find them to be a very good grippy tyre although the do wear out a bit quicker with being a softer compound, again it's choice, longer tyre wear with a bit more sedate driving or high grin factor cornering with a wear penalty ;). I have always run my pressures at 26psi front and 29psi rear but mine are 15's and you have 16's on the rear, what ever you do though, if tempted to get new alloys ALWAYS keep the wider rear stagger or you will learn the term "Ditch finders" :o Davy (cfc1) will give the best advice on tyres and I'm sure he will be on later.

There are lots of helpful hints HERE for you to look at and we are always around for any other questions.

Les

Well, I'm new here too, but welcome.

I've had mine since the end of last year. It came with 16"" front and 17" rear (wider at the rear), Uniroyal Rainsport 1 tyres. I've only driven one other MR2 and then only on a test drive but the Uniroyals seem very good. I don't know if they are flattered by the LSD but I get more or less no wheel spin when taking off in the wet, even if I'm being a little exuberant!

I also seem to have plenty of grip in the corners but I did get a bit of wheel spin taking off fast on a very icy road, but no surprises there :-)

Well, I'm new here too, but welcome.

I've had mine since the end of last year. It came with 16"" front and 17" rear (wider at the rear), Uniroyal Rainsport 1 tyres. I've only driven one other MR2 and then only on a test drive but the Uniroyals seem very good. I don't know if they are flattered by the LSD but I get more or less no wheel spin when taking off in the wet, even if I'm being a little exuberant!

I also seem to have plenty of grip in the corners but I did get a bit of wheel spin taking off fast on a very icy road, but no surprises there :-)

Hi Matt and welcome to the club also.

I'll be driving through Belgium at the end of April with a few other Roadsters (CLICKY) on the way to Corfu so I'll give you a wave :thumbsup::lol:

You could always meet with us and join the trip as it is open to our members as well ;)

Les

Hi Mo....

for your tyre pressures I would set the front to 28psi and the rears to 30 psi, then drive the car and see how it feels, you can then start adjusting the pressures to suit your own driving style, I run mine with the fronts at 25psi and the rears at 29psi and find it suits me best (205/40x17 front and 215/45x17 rear).

When the time comes to change your tyres always keep the 4 tyres the same make and model and have wider tyres on the rear, otherwise the car won't handle the way it should and you could end up in a bad situation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links