Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Factory Shutdown

john1944

With the factory shut downs effecting Honda and Toyota, I see no particular problem as regards the new car situation; but how is this going to effect the production of spare parts. I am not worried about simple things like air filters; but what if I were to need a new radiator, bonnet or side panel, are we looking at the slow boat from Japan !!!

Thank you Parts King in anticipation

Production of new cars is slowing down because of the current climate. They are too many cars for too few customers!

However, I see no problem with parts supply at all, yes there will be some engineering companies who close and go to the wall, but when car sales are down, service and repairs tend to go up. People still need to drive cars, so instead of changing them, they have them repaired.

Replacement parts are not made in Burnaston, most come in from Europe or Japan. I just cant see any problems in the near future with regards to parts supply, unless some very big parts suppliers go under and I can't see Toyota having all their eggs in one basket

Kingo :thumbsup:

toyota tends to deal with larger suppliers, there have been some smaller ones gone through but new ones have been sorted.

BTW burnaston is not shutting yes production has been reduced but were still going.

as said most parts come from many suppliers and toyota has a huge storage of parts in belgium any way

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links