Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Autodata Information

Beagh1958

To all interested parties.

Are you all aware that with a quick visit to Autodata website you can download picture of your car engine timing chain or timing belt for a few £.

This will also confirm if your engine is an INTERFERENCE ENGINE OR NON - INTERFERENCE type engine.

This should clear any confusion or contradiction as to type of engine in your own vehicle.

Regards, Beagh.

I don't know why anyone would pay for that??

Surely anyone that is techncally minded enough to know what you are talking about would know what sort their engine is anyway!!!

I run a chain driven twin VVTi interferance setup ;)

To Karma Supra & anybody else with an interest.

Cannot argue with that for sure if your technically minded. Seemed like a good idea at the time to post this information, due to endless questions on Avensis forum about chain or belt drive. You can only tell people so many times that all vvti & 2.2D4D are chain drive. And early MK2 Avensis D4D is belt driven. If your a C&G certified mechanic you have no bother, but if a DIY give it a go type why not pay a few bob for info.

I get the impression that 90% of people on the forums are not technically minded, this being an endless question regarding chain or belt, thus the reason for posting.

Anyway regards to all, Beagh.

PS: I suppose i better add that i don't work for Autodata.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links