Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Switch Illumination

rpaterson

Hi Folks,

Are the electric window and door lock switches supposed to be illuminated when the lights are on, or are you supposed to use the 'Force' when using your windows at night?

ps - 4.2

Hi Folks,

Are the electric window and door lock switches supposed to be illuminated when the lights are on, or are you supposed to use the 'Force' when using your windows at night?

ps - 4.2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know what you mean...Often i keep putting one of the rear windows down...as fat fingers cant seem to work the switches at night....

I believe the only illuminated one is the drivers one touch and also the door lock switch, but location and angle prohibit a clear look when trying to access.....

I even open the electric sunroof sometimes trying for the light button so to see where the window button is :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Folks,

ps - 4.2

Well, on the 4.3 the only one illuminated is the driver's so I guess its the same on the earlier 4.2. No doubt another 4.2 owner will confirm.

What price a few LEDs MrT?

We've already established that the engineers at Toyota eat loads of carrots...... ;) ;) ;)

My mates new CRV has all the switches illuminated - mirrors, windows everything - even in the back.

My mates new CRV has all the switches illuminated - mirrors, windows everything - even in the back.

But we know that CRV drivers have very poor eyesight, otherwise they would have noticed the front of the CRV and run a mile :yes:

But we know that CRV drivers have very poor eyesight, otherwise they would have noticed the front of the CRV and run a mile :yes:

Agreed.

But its a bit like the tardis. Nothing from the outside but rather nice on the inside. The dash and controls are well laid out and it all lights up in various stages of silver blue to neon blue (around the radio etc).

They also offer it with a 2 tone interior and I don't like it all black - I don't know why toyota ever changed.

On the outside he has gone for the equivalent of carbon quarts and because it has blacked out windows and the colour neutralises the the plastic trim it doesn't look so bad.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links