Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Fuel Injectors

AndySmith

Hi All,

I have a 2004 Avensis 2.0 T-Spirit which required 4 replacement fuel injectors. The dealer price I have been quoted is £271 each and they say that injectors need mapping to the car. I'm not sure if this is ECU programming or each injector. They also informed me that the injectors can only be programmed once and therefore it's useless me getting re-conditioned or second hand ones as these can't be programmed for my car. Is this true or are they just trying to get me to buy new ones?

Please help as I'm not really looking forward to £1100+ for these since I've already had the head rebuilt.

Regards,

Andy.

I've never heard if injectors needing matched to the car, but I don't hang around this forum that much (car too reliable :) )

yep the injector does need coding to the ecu but as for being a one hit wonder im not sure, ill find out for you.

may not be best getting second hand as they may be the same as the ones being removed

yep the injector does need coding to the ecu but as for being a one hit wonder im not sure, ill find out for you.

may not be best getting second hand as they may be the same as the ones being removed

Hi dawsey, that would be fantastic if you could find out if they're a one hit job. The injectors that are on are actually physycally damaged due to valve burn and I managed to source 2 from a 36k mileage car for £100 for the pair. It was when I went to purchase the 2 new ones that I got what I can only describe as this shock news. ANy help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy.

andy ask at work and the injectors are coded to the ecu and not the other way round meaning they are not a one hit deal. you will need to make sure the code is still readable (printed on the side of the injector i believe)

by the way this is the D4D engine isnt it?

AFAIK petrol injectors dont need coding.

the engine will run when the injectors are changed but may be rough and use a lot of fuel until coded

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links