Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Transmission?

Sideswipe

Hey guys hows it going :)

Well i was just having a quick chat with my mechanic (who often can never work out exactly ewhat i want) about getting the evil autoness of my sera to be manual instead. basically i need a Paseo transmission he says, how much do they cost does anyone know?

Also i plan on doing some pretty extensive engine mods, and obviously the stock paseo trans wont be able to handle that, is it possible to modify the paseo transmission to handle more power and torque? or would i need a whole new transmission?? if i needed a new transmission, where would i get one?

thanks

Why not use a manual Sera gearbox?

or a Starlet Turbo gearbox - some had factory fit LSD

a paseo gearbox is a sera gearbox for some years isnt it?

didnt the sera use the 5e-fte aswell?

and a sera gearbox would be more expensive if its different (cos the part would have to be imported), the starlet turbo gearbox, is that compatible with the 5e? isnt it a 4e? im not big on knowledge with gearboxes sooo yeh

There are a number of Seras in wrecking yards in Australia. Don't forget you'll need clutch hydraulic system, flywheel, clutch, gear shifter and even new clutch and brake pedals...

I am not sure how interchangable gearboxes are. You would need flywheel and I know you can't use Starlet turbo flywheel as the mounting holes are different.

Paseo used 5E-FE and 5E-FHE on Japanese versions

Sera was always 5E-FHE

There is no official 5E-FTE

Starlet turbo 4E-FTE

What engine mods do you have in mind? I fitted 4E-FTE engine and gearbox to my Sera, converting from auto to manual at same time. 4E-FTE engine and gearbox strong and responds well to mods...

have quite alot of mods in mind lol

im planning on attempting to do all mods to the 5e engine in it, as i want to do something different, most people just dump a different motor in there, obviously intercooled turbo is the go, though dont know which yet. Forged pistons and conrods, a new cam with better profile, extractors and exhaustpipe redone (2.5" probably) it already has a muffler. possibly recessed pistons aswell, bore or/and stroke the engine. basically as much as i can to get it going as fast as i can, and still keep it relatively stable. i want to try and get as close to 200kw (about 270hp) as i can.

and im not good at finding seras, how would i track one of the wrecking ones down?? or just how would i track a compatible tranny down?

The cheapest way to go would be pick up a tercel 4door with MT(5speed) wrecked or blown motor($50-150). Get the parts you need for conversion from the tercel. Then get a transmission from a corolla from wrecking yard. The stronger gears from the corolla fit into the tercel's casing, and had a lower ratio diff! ae111t.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links