Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6th Gear?

YKLee

As much as i like the gear shifting in the YTS i do feel it needs a 6th Gear! anyone else got any opinions? I knwo the YTS is no motorway cruiser but i think it would be of a great plus point if it did have 6 gears! plus i wouldn't try and accidentally in reverse after driving me vehicle (which has 6 gears, apologies don't mean to mention my car again) :D

Never mind the YTS :D I have the same problem with my 1.0S - I'm just glad that there's a lockout on reverse ot the bills could have been horrendous :blink:

Maybe the new D4-D that I collect on Tuesday (finally!) won't be so bad... I'll let you know.

Cheers,

A

Glad to see that i am not the only one who thinks this.

Many a time have i taken the car out of gear to change up, only to realise that i was already in 5th! :lol:

The Civic Type R has 6 Gears and i thought that Toyota could have done the same for the YTS.

i dont think a 6th gear would be useful...

it will sit at a ton nice and easy in 5th anyway... unless you want to go really really fast. about 115 + is the only time it dont "sound" nice....

i dont think a 6th gear would be useful...

it will sit at a ton nice and easy in 5th anyway... unless you want to go really really fast. about 115 + is the only time it dont "sound" nice....

Yeah, i totally agree with you on that one mate!

Lee

same here

although the 1.8 engine swap will have the 6 speeder ready bolted on :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

It would be handy on the motorway - bit quieter and prob a bit more economical, although I'm pretty happy with it as it is.

like i said before, IMHO it would be nice to have it a little quieter on the MW's but it would also save me from trying to put it into reverse!!! :lol:

• 17 years later...

I guess most of the posters wont be around now, but has anyone got any experience or suggestions on a 6 speed that may fit?

Just took mine on a motorway run and it really sounded like it needed to change up.  The car is absolutely rock steady but just seems to be revving too much.

3-4000 rpm is really noisy, and i have a drone at 3000, which i'm trying to locate. Might try extend the pipe exiting from the backbox to see if it helps  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links