Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Celica

celicakat

hi i have a 1989 celica and orange oil light keeps coming on on the dash can anybody tell me what it means i know what red ones for lol

Not familiar with that particular car, but there are 2 kinds of oil lights. The ones that tell you, that the oil level is too low and the ones that tell you, that the engine is starving for oil. Number one may leed to number two, but it could also be that the oil pump is malfunctioning or the oilstream somehowe is restricted.

Check your oil level and do an oilchange. If that's not the problem, go see a mechanic.

Needless to say, that oil deprevation is one of the worst things that you can do to an engine

The car is 20 years old. If the oil pump is just as old, it might be time to change it.

How much mileage has it done and when was your last oil/filter change ?

I had a different engine put in and oil and filter were changed when last serviced only 1000 miles ago not sure if pump hgas been changed in past only had car 3 years

If its anything like a supra from a similar age...

The orange light is oil level, the other one is oil presure. the oil level indicators do tend to go wrong in older sludged engines.

Give it another oil change with a decent flush addative, make sure its topped up properly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links