Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Level

VSD

Anyone had any issues with regards to fuel level accuracy? My aygo shows 5 blobs since 1 1/2 weeks now. Ok i only used it for an average of 30 min daily in such a period. Can it be by time the engine is loosing up increasing economy?

Due to the shape of fuel tanks it appears that the first quarter to a half of fuel lasts a lot longer than the second half. In fact the economy/mpg is the same throughout the whole contents of the fuel tank if driven consistently the same way.

As an example if your car does 40mpg with the first half of the tank, it will also be doing 40mpg the last half of the tank even though the fuel gauge appears to be going down quicker.

You will notice that the blobs will go down quicker as the fuel is used up, but this doesn’t mean your car has all of a sudden become less economical, it’s a documented fact that its due to fuel tank shapes and sizes and the way the fuel gauge records the contents :thumbsup:

top blob if u fill it full lasts me 90ish miles :)

top blob if u fill it full lasts me 90ish miles :)

But its not 90 miles per blob!

I also noted my aygo runs better ( got it 2 months ago ), smoother, gear change has become even more better & economy is on the rise....may God keep it that way!

You will notice that the blobs will go down quicker as the fuel is used up, but this doesn’t mean your car has all of a sudden become less economical, it’s a documented fact that its due to fuel tank shapes and sizes and the way the fuel gauge records the contents :thumbsup:

It's more important to know when a tank is empty rather than full, hence the fuel indicator will show full for a lot longer than it actually is. Record for us without a blob disappearing is 125 miles.

hi heres one for you my blob ometer is that inaccurate that the first one disappeares at 127 to 138 miles what i do is fill up at 350 miles on my trip meter just to be on the safe side

Top blob around 90 miles the second about 70 third about 50 fourth about 30 last one (happened once) 30!!!!!

To make them last longer VPOWER FTW!!!!

Top blob around 90 miles the second about 70 third about 50 fourth about 30 last one (happened once) 30!!!!!

Yes but the fuel consumption will be the same! You will still be getting the same mpg for the last blob as you do the first blob :thumbsup:

Yeah still the same; just imagine that the fuel tank is a cone shape with little arrows.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links