Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Comic Relief

plus one

so as its comic relief today has any one done anything funny for money?

is any one watching comice relief at the moment!!!

:thumbsup:

I it bad that we are iPlayering all the good bits to cut out all the charity stuff? :ph34r:

I it bad that we are iPlayering all the good bits to cut out all the charity stuff? :ph34r:

thats the reason you are ment to be watching it!!!!

This is one charity event I will not support as too much of the money goes out of the country :huh: It is for this reason I ignore Comic Relief :blink:

I really do believe that charity begins at home hence I support UK based events or charities only :yes:

Keep your money in your pocket. It’s a scam. Bob Geldof was trying to fleece me out of money in the 80’s and he managed to get £150 MILLION from us back in 1985, African is still poor and still has the same problems and we are still being asked/told to give our hard earned money to people who will never see it :censor:

On the plus side you do get some comedy classics... :lol:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

This is one charity event I will not support as too much of the money goes out of the country :huh: It is for this reason I ignore Comic Relief :blink:

But there is more suffering in other countries.... I wouldn't wish the AIDS pandemic or malaria on anyone yet they suffer more everyday and the majority are children.

The majority of our children whinge that they get a Wii instead of a PS3..... :rolleyes:

I think ignorance is a terrible excuse, if I have the money to give then I'll give it. We live a fairly good life free of most diseases and a majorly free, albeit not 100%, health service. These people don't have that and if my £5/10/20 will help them have a better quality of life then I'd much rather give to that

And yes, I give to UK charities too.

if I have the money to give then I'll give it. We live a fairly good life free of most diseases and a majorly free, albeit not 100%, health service. These people don't have that and if my £5/10/20 will help them have a better quality of life then I'd much rather give to that

Good for you :thumbsup:

Is this thread not titled "Comic Relief"? Yeah ok, so maybe my signature is comic relief on occasion, but it's actually about the day itself... so let's keep this on topic!

At work today we didn't really do anything funny per se, but most of us dressed in red and we raised £116 from that plus a rock cake sale

I wore very silly red shoes, some of you may remember them from JAE 2007! :lol: Now my feet are nice and red and sore! :eek:

Topic cleaned up due to TVOR going off topic when he was asked ever so nicely not to do so on the thread and also via PM.

So, Comic Relief..... :yes:

But there is more suffering in other countries.... I wouldn't wish the AIDS pandemic or malaria on anyone yet they suffer more everyday and the majority are children.

The majority of our children whinge that they get a Wii instead of a PS3..... :rolleyes:

I think ignorance is a terrible excuse, if I have the money to give then I'll give it. We live a fairly good life free of most diseases and a majorly free, albeit not 100%, health service. These people don't have that and if my £5/10/20 will help them have a better quality of life then I'd much rather give to that

What Em said!!

Only the gullible and naive give to African charities, and it’s usually people who are poor and can’t afford it, or very well off and can write it off as a tax/business expense.

What you also need to realise (for the uneducated) that it is unethical to give money to Third World charities, the end result of your compassionate gift will be more people on this overstretched planet, which will degrade the environment.

More people will mean more carbon, more global warming, more floods and earthquakes, more destruction. Your tenner for a starving African today could contribute to killing millions among future generations!

If your £5/10/20 donation makes you feel better about yourself and more superior than your neighbour and gives you a warm smug feeling then you are missing the point :thumbsup:

More earthquakes!!!

You do know what causes earthquakes right?? As you claim to be educated! It's defo not pledging money to charity.

on the subject of comic relief and the team of people who climbed that hill, using locals to carry the bags, I read in the marketing press that the leader of that band spent £50,000 chartering a plane to get back from the comic relief hike. thats 10,000 nets cording to what the comic relief programme says !!! :eek: :eek:

on the subject of comic relief and the team of people who climbed that hill, using locals to carry the bags, I read in the marketing press that the leader of that band spent £50,000 chartering a plane to get back from the comic relief hike. thats 10,000 nets cording to what the comic relief programme says !!! :eek: :eek:

Same sort of thing as the carbon footprint of Live Earth!!

Only the gullible and naive give to African charities, and it’s usually people who are poor and can’t afford it, or very well off and can write it off as a tax/business expense.

What you also need to realise (for the uneducated) that it is unethical to give money to Third World charities, the end result of your compassionate gift will be more people on this overstretched planet, which will degrade the environment.

More people will mean more carbon, more global warming, more floods and earthquakes, more destruction. Your tenner for a starving African today could contribute to killing millions among future generations!

If your £5/10/20 donation makes you feel better about yourself and more superior than your neighbour and gives you a warm smug feeling then you are missing the point :thumbsup:

At nearly 56 million pounds so far.....................There must be a lot of gullible and naive people if your theory is correct :rolleyes:

I am an educated person and feel that it is not unethical to help other people in this world who are unfortunate enough to be worse off than you and I.

How much will you pledge TVOR??

Put up....................Or shut up :)

So, back on topic! :P

At my place of work the goods inward girls came to work in their pj's, the wages department had a mad hatters tea cake party, the managers dyed their hair read, we had a picturewall of guess the workers when they were kids competition, a quiz, a wild shirt day, a jeans day and my brother shaved his beard off!

The youngsters from the on site creche entertained us at work with some singing.

They left with their buckets overflowing with money :thumbsup:

How much will you pledge TVOR??

I used to sponsor a girl in an African village. I called her Chloe (her birth name – Abeiuwa Bombata Obakhavbaye – wouldn’t fit on the wristband). My £5 a month sustained both Chloe and her donkey. Then Chloe left school at age 14, set up mudhut with a non-fair trade cocoa farmer, and started having babies. Regrettably, I had to cancel my direct debit. I hear Chloe is now selling shoelaces on the roadside.

I am afraid that African children cause direct destruction to the eco-system. Their parents cut down trees to grow food, and build mudhuts to house them, which has a serious adverse impact on the soil and the ozone layer and many species of wildlife. Giving them more money can only encourage them to have more children, thus increasing the carbon footprint left by the patter of tiny feet :thumbsup:

At school we raise £230.25 today.....we all dressed up as characters from either a book or a film.....there was everything from the snow queen to sponge bob to various mr characters........one of the teachers also made up lots of jokes (he thought they were funny!!!!) and sold them to the staff for a pound.

on our sponsor form we ticked the box to stay that we would like our money to go to help more children in Africa to go to school......I feel this is really important!!!!!!!

'I am afraid that African children cause direct destruction to the eco-system'

surely developed countries do more distruction to the eco system than african children.!!??

How much fuel do they put in their donkeys a week? (if the're lucky enough to have a donkey)

my bruvver used to work fur unicef - latterly in Sudan. The tales of how/what happens to aid relief sent to poor places would put ye aff donating.

unicef tend to focus on education women and kids and in southern sudan, did quite well in getting thousands into schools. Malaria is a big problem as comic relief pointed out, but I struggle with the vision of a kid trying to erect a mosquito net in their mud hut..... does it get wrapped round their 4-poster?? Or is comic relief supplying clothes made from net....which can't be much of a protection?

As far as their work in the UK, having applied to CR for money for 2 charities that I volunteer with - 1 does mental health help and the other provides help for people with disabilities, they (CR) refused help.

I give my money direct to the charity and know exactly how its spent.

I fully understand your support of overseas charities and respect your right of choice, however, even though I watch the news, see what is happening over in Africa I will not and never will donate to charities that send so much money overseas. I have standing orders to a couple of UK charities as we still have far too much suffering over here. I really do think charity begins at home :yes:

Back to Comic Relief night itself though - My biggest problem with it is that 'IT'S JUST NOT VERY FUNNY'

Didn't get chance to see any of it this year, but in previous years it hasn't even raised a giggle in my house.

So was the night any good? Any highlights I should seek out .

Well had to go to work dressed in something red, but I didnt have anything so went to work as usual and was gonna still pay up then everyone started lending me red things, by mid day I was wearing a red leather jacket, red feather bower, red heels, red nail varnish and a red scrunchie, I looked like a chavtastic prostitute and was still having to meet with the acedemic types I work with.

Thought they were gonna send me down the docks and get me raising money that way!!! oh well, its for the kids :lol:

Thought they were gonna send me down the docks and get me raising money that way!!! oh well, its for the kids :lol:

Anything to help the starving children eh SJ.... :lol: ;)

Anything to help the starving children eh SJ.... :lol: ;)

Yep, its win win situation, :lol: everyone gets what they needs :P :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links