Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazon 4.2td Performance Chips

Dickster

Hi,

I have been looking for a performance chip for my Amazon 4.2 VX but can't seem to find any available for this engine. Superchips, Hypertech, & Jet are all reputable companies that have been around for a long time but do not list a chip. I have found various offerings on eBay but none from reputable firms, some promising power increases of @50hp and huge amounts of torque along with fuel savings. Does anyone have any experience of 'chipping' a 4.2TD Amazon? I have read that its not possible to do effectively because the engine isn't a 'common rail diesel', but its all conflicting with other sites i've read that say it is possible. I'm very confused any advice on this sort of thing would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been looking for a performance chip for my Amazon 4.2 VX but can't seem to find any available for this engine. Superchips, Hypertech, & Jet are all reputable companies that have been around for a long time but do not list a chip. I have found various offerings on ebay but none from reputable firms, some promising power increases of @50hp and huge amounts of torque along with fuel savings. Does anyone have any experience of 'chipping' a 4.2TD Amazon? I have read that its not possible to do effectively because the engine isn't a 'common rail diesel', but its all conflicting with other sites i've read that say it is possible. I'm very confused any advice on this sort of thing would be appreciated.

I have fitted a chip to my 4.2TD VX and it is outstanding, offering a much smoother refined engine with tremendous torque across the lower rev range. Provided you don't play with the additional power, fuel economy has also improved I get 24mpg now even on short stop start trips. In short I cannot recommend this device enough. I did have to notify my insurance company and it cost me an additional £80 per year. Company I used were DTUK, cost fitted £391, bought in on a try before you buy and I certainly would not return it as it has made my VX into the car it should have been as it left the factory.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i'll have a look at DTUK next week.

I have just last week bought a ST3 re-mapping box from chippeduk.com for my Ford C-Max and I am going to ask them if they do re-maps for the Amazon also. This actually re-writes the 'map' on the ecu rather than fooling the original ecu by altering the messages from the various sensors like the 'chip' does, i will keep this thread updated with my findings.

I'm only really interested in geting more MPG as the Amazon has more than enough power & torque for what i use it for (towing a caravan) and the occasional times we all go out as a whole family (4Kids,2Labradors).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links