Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Before I Buy A Supra

dj_humpyg

Hi all,

I've currently got a Mitsi FTO and am looking at selling this soon (although it's a great car), so I can buy a Supra (an amazing car :rolleyes: )

Could you tell me how much I'd really be expecting to pay for the following:

1994 onwards,

Manual,

Twin Turbo,

Approx 40k miles, although would go up to 60k,

Black.

When I'm looking for cars that are advertised, how will I know what's an import and what's UK spec?

Also, is there a guide anywhere that explains what all the model types there is, such as GZ or SZ etc.

Any recommended websites for buying Supras.

PS - Anyone interested in p/x for a manual FTO (200bhp 2.0 V6 Mivec)?

Many thanks.

Apparently the UK t/t Supras are fairly uncommon and the Jap import ones are much less powerful (and consequently slower).

You might not be able to be so picky with regards to colour if you're after a UK job!

I have an MR2 though so don't take my word for it :lol:

But I have a mate who's interested in an FTO!!! :thumbsup:

The power difference between the 2 is fictional, although the jap spec is slighty down on power, it has quicker spooling turbos, so offers the same performance in the real world.

Your best bet would be

www.mkivsupra.net/bbs

Telling the difference. The easiest visual difference is firstly the bonnet scoop the J-spec (jap car) does not have this the UK model does. Some J-specs have had the bonnet scoop fitted as a Mod so the second visual is the UK motors have headlamp squirters sticking out of the front bumper. Nearly all J-specs are cloth front seats, the UK's are heated leather jobs with both sides electrically operated. Again some J-specs have had aftermarket interiors done. The UK cars all have 17" wheels fitted where-as alot of J-specs have only 16" rims. Some J-specs also came with a black/grey alloy which the UK cars did not. As far as I am aware the aero-top model was also not made in the UK but don't quote me on that (if they were rocking horse sh*t is easier to find). If you have access to the car another difference is the lights, the UK has glass front lights the J-spec's are plastic. The J-spec's brakes are smaller hence the UK cars have to have bigger wheels. The J-spec comes in an N/A format with a five speed manual box on earlier cars.

J-specs SZ is the bottom of the range and the majority of N/A cars are SZ's. The cars themselves however do vary as all the parts that are on the higher specced models were available as extra's.

GZ is the top of the range and is comparable in spec to the UK motor with all the Gucci stuff like retracting mirrors, better stereo, and leather, with all the lower down options as standard. All the turbo aero's were in GZ format apparently.

Hope this helps a bit

PS all UK cars should be advertised ***** such being as they are so sought after and rare!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links