Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Rage Whilst Driving Yer Works Car?

bothwell_buyer

Got into a daft situation where the guy behind got mad after I waited at a local junction on a main road where the traffic travelling on the main road was oncoming in the middle of the road - well, I mean I aint going to turn onto a main road to have a head on collision am I?

So I do the turn, and he overtakes and draws alongside to gesticulate (wonder if he was pointing directions :wacko: :wacko: ) and mouths off something (again :wacko: )

BUT, the eejit was driving his works motor - so I got the description of said car easily - silver Vauxhall owned by a well known Cable telecoms company who I think operate an airline too - plus the end of the regy and nip round to their local office to complain. Surely there should be road rage training where its only done if yer driving yer ain motor?? :lol:

When I'm in company motors I drive like I am representing the company. It was prob you driving like a granded which triggered this reaction!! :P :P

When I'm in company motors I drive like I am representing the company. It was prob you driving like a granded which triggered this reaction!! :P :P

oh - haha

I happened to be driving the Saab from The Garage whilst they MOTd wur Punto. And Marc at The Garage is weel kent at tuning up motors.....and ah dinna haing aboot masel much. Ma auld man wis wi me richt enuf. Saab estate diesel tuned up is a nice drive and not a slouch by any means - 60 in first!!

As a guid customer o said cable company, I expect mair frae the employees waving the company flag so to speak -

Jist wait til ah see im when ahm in n umber wan!!!! (ie - I will highlight his inadequacies as a testosterone-driven body when I next encounter the up-and-falling chap hopefully next week when my higher performance RAV has its new engine management system)

ehhhh?

wotdyathink? Bit of politeness built in there fur a senior mudgoreatour?? See - ahm no aw slang wurds!

wow i cant read that :(

lol....

agree, company cars, expecially those with advertisin should be driven in a company representing manner.

wur

weel

haing

masel

richt

umber wan

mudgoreatour

'umber wan' is my favourite.

behave yersel

jist cos theres a space aifter the 'n' afore the 'umber'...... ah'll be looking oot fur yer spellin mistakes!!!

lol....

agree, company cars, expecially those with advertisin should be driven in a company representing manner.

ya wanna me tae translate it furye?

Would you like me to write it in best South East Midlands accent?

If so, yer up a tree cos ahm aff tae bed so ah'll dae it later!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol....

If so, yer up a tree cos ahm aff tae bed so ah'll dae it later!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have accents now! :D :unsure: :D

lol....

We have accents now! :D :unsure: :D

nae bother!! B)

Its like listening to ma Da, when Bothy's on wen :lol: ;) Eye luv

completely :offtopic: but I see you use mintex pads - I've been telt they scream when getting used?? True?

completely :offtopic: but I see you use mintex pads - I've been telt they scream when getting used?? True?

Scream? Never noticed mine screaming...

Anyway... back on topic please! :P

:lol:

i don't understand whats happened here :(

where?

i don't understand whats happened here :(

where?

when?

There is a crazed poster screaming in a foreign language about how they are going to do a Virgin

cheers Cabcurtains.

can you not type in Scotish please because I am proper struggling to read or understand whats going on

cheers Cabcurtains.

can you not type in Scotish please because I am proper struggling to read or understand whats going on

Beet ni statin thay Orcadian than?

cheers Cabcurtains.

Yes there are arcades where I live, but no i do not frequent them

Back on Topic :eek: Who ? Me ? Yes for once :angel::lol:

I have seen quite a number of Company vehicles in this country with "How is / Rate my driving" in large print on the rear doors & followed by a phone number.

So presumably, if a driver has had a few negative calls to his Superior, he either gets a warning, or the boot :unsure:

That system would be open to abuse, possibly, if someone had a grudge against the victim. It would be impossible for him to prove his innocence.

cheers Cabcurtains.

Dear Bothwell

The nice chap from Norfolk means to say -

gonnienodothatonymair cosmaheidsnippinanmabrainsisbroke

Sorry Mr Flo-Gas, I thought it better to translate your post to something that a thick Glaswegian can understand. Unfortunately, we do not all come from a well-brought up area of England.

And I should really point out that, for information, your spelling "Scotish" wrongly - it is actually Scottish. 2 't's, 2 s's and 1 h. And I managed to translate "Pompey Gaz" after I phoned my friend in Italy. He did struggle a bit with your use of English Grammar - so you see local accent and dialect can be as difficult to understand for other Englishmen....as well as those from Scotland.

Well I think I understood about two lines of cabcurtains post...it really is hard to decipher the words in text like that.

I know we have our own regional accents...I'm from Essex but that doesn't mean I go round typing "allwrite m8, whatya doin 2night. I'm a bit cream-crackered today" which means "alright mate, what are you doing tonight? I'm tired today". I make sure I type my words out and so that they can be understood.

Just a little thought from everyone when typing on here might be good - not just to Scottish members..we all know text speak is a nightmare and if we do start using 'local dialects' all the time it doesn't do people who aren't in the dialect any favours at all.

Anyway thats just my input on this thread ;)

cheers Cabcurtains.

or perhaps a touch of Doric?

i had an experience like this. and i was going to ring up like you mentioned bizarra but i was too lazy. was driving along and there was a line of cars stuck behind a tractor coming out of the city. so we went round the new round a bout. got to the other side and up ahead a few hundred metres was a line of cones that went on for another mile. so didnt your man in the company van overtake me, another car and the tractor. and he was going so fast he ended up on the other side of the road on the other side of the cones. so he slammed on his breaks, so did the tractor and so did everyone else. he had to stop in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic. he got out, moved the cones, drove through back to the proper side of the road infront of the tractor. i dunno.... and speakign of accents, that was said in a lovely irish accent ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links