Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Here. Have Just Bought A 4th Gen St165 Gti

Jamesthedetailer

Hello all, thought I would introduce myself to the rest of you Celica fans and show you my new (old) toy which I have bought off eBay and going to collect tmrw.. I have a few Q's I hope you wouldn't mind answering :)

http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!BPe6cE!&a...6NeUp+Q~~_2.JPG

I'm no 4th gen expert, however I believe the ST165gti front wheel drive is quite a rare bird? Also, the car has done 130k miles and it does have service history up to 120k. I was just curious, is this high mileage for this type of car? If not, how many miles are they good for? And is there anything else I need to look out for when I go to collect it? I don't want to get fleeced B)

Thanks

James

hello and a welcome too....

good luck today - car looks good and most Toyotas are good for loads of miles - especially when you look after them. Its obviously been looked after with the service history bit so just keep it up!

hello and a welcome too....

good luck today - car looks good and most Toyotas are good for loads of miles - especially when you look after them. Its obviously been looked after with the service history bit so just keep it up!

Will do, I treated it to some fuel system cleaner on the way home and I'll be changing the gear and engine oil for fully synth soon. I'm surprised how well it drives given the age of the car. No rattles, squeaks or whines, only a slight knocking coming from the front suspension when I go over a pot hole?

Isn;t the 165 the gt4? or is it the 162?

According to the guy I bought it from, it's the ST165 2liter gti 150bhp model. I have done some looking around and can't seem to find another for sale.

Ah right pretty sure that is the st162, 165 is 4wd.

with the advice I've had, I'd use semi synth - the engine wouldn't have been designed to run synth - check out some of the posts here and on Castrol and the likes

Ah right pretty sure that is the st162, 165 is 4wd.

Yeah I think you're right as it has the 3S-GE engine

with the advice I've had, I'd use semi synth - the engine wouldn't have been designed to run synth - check out some of the posts here and on castrol and the likes

Ok thanks, I'll look into it

Welcome to the club and i hope you enjoy your new Celica , the generation 4 celica came in two models the 2.0 GTi front wheel drive, this had a model code of ST162 and engine code 3S-GE, the other was the 4 wheel drive turbo model , that being the ST165 with an engine code 3S-GTE.

As you say they are becoming a rare mode due to the fact so many have gone to the breakers with small yet expensive things to fix :(

I've had two ST162's in the past and the only faults back then were mechanical but here we are a few years on and its the rust thats killing them off.

Whats good about the gen 4 was it was loved by the press at its launch for driving so well and being a true drivers car, and as you've found out if you get a nice one ,they can drive just as well today, good performance , good handling and brilliant on the twisty bits....you enjoy now :) .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links