Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trailer Lights Wiring

Rumbly

Has anybody got any experience of fitting simple 7 pin 12N trailer lights wiring to a 2.0 D4D Auris? UK model RHD.

I did order a car specific kit 2 weeks ago from a place called Just Tow in Nottingham but despite claiming they had one in stock, have failed to deliver, don't answer emails, and never ever return phone calls, "I'll call you back" is the last you'll hear ... totally useless bunch of :censor: :censor:

Now I'm in a situation where I really really really need to use my trailer this weekend so it looks like I'll have to wire it myself and it would be great to get some idea of what's involved.

Stuff I'd like to know ....

Is a bypass relay required?

If trailer wiring plug(s) is provided where is it situated?

Is there a grommet for the wiring to go through the boot floor, if so where is it?

Anything else anybody can add that might be helpful

Just trying to prepare mysef for the job to try to shorten the time it will take a tad.

• 11 months later...

Never mind ... worked it out for myself and its all working just fine :thumbsup:

i want to fit a towbar to mine.do you need a specific wiring kit or can you just splice into loom like the good old days?.

Never mind ... worked it out for myself and its all working just fine :thumbsup:

i want to fit a towbar to mine.do you need a specific wiring kit or can you just splice into loom like the good old days?.

Hiya gasmark1 ... in fact the car specific kit I'd ordered arrived the day after I wrote the post! I did get some advice from someone who ought to know but I don't know for sure does actually know ... that it's a bad idea to splice into the wiring loom as per "the old days" as you could end up frying something really expensive and the warranty wouldn't cover it as "self inflicted"

So my advice would be to get a car specific relay kit to hook up the electrics. I don't know for sure that it is actually neccessary, but in the absence of any really good reliable advice it's the way I'd go.

It was about a year ago I did it and my memory ain't what it used to be ... lol .. but happy to help out any way I can if you need to know anything about fitting.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links