Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Pump Install Fail! Help!

wil7l

Anyone know how to remove the timing belt cover? Putting a water pump in is a right pain! Anyone tried this?

I've got down to 'trying' to remove the timing belt covers. But even though I've removed all the bolts I can see and feel it still won't budge.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. If I can get the covers off I think I'm almost done.

If someone can help I'm sure I could provide some £££. I'm in Kent just off jnc 2 M25, near Brands Hatch.

Anyone know how to remove the timing belt cover? Putting a water pump in is a right pain! Anyone tried this?

I've got down to 'trying' to remove the timing belt covers. But even though I've removed all the bolts I can see and feel it still won't budge.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. If I can get the covers off I think I'm almost done.

If someone can help I'm sure I could provide some £££. I'm in Kent just off jnc 2 M25, near Brands Hatch.

If yours is the two piece cover it has NINE bolts holding the two pieces on. Have you gt all the bolts out.

If yours is the two piece cover it has NINE bolts holding the two pieces on. Have you gt all the bolts out.

Thanks,

I'll take another look. Also do I have to jack up the car to do this? Do I remove the engine mounts? I'm finding it very difficult to get access.

Have you taken the crank pulley off? dont have the car so im guessing here

Thanks,

I'll take another look. Also do I have to jack up the car to do this? Do I remove the engine mounts? I'm finding it very difficult to get access.

You need to jack up the car to get to the crank pulley. I always take engine mount off on any car to give yourself more room.

Have you taken the crank pulley off? dont have the car so im guessing here

My car is a GT 2.0 ST202 3SFE, Jap import.

I havent managed to take the crank pulley off yet. I must be doing it all wrong. Do I unbolt the engine mount to gain access?

Thanks,

You need to jack up the car to get to the crank pulley. I always take engine mount off on any car to give yourself more room.

OK thats great advice thanks. Never done a water pump before, think this may be my last :)

I dont think u have to take the mount off but the crank pulley needs to come off probably need an impact gun or wrench for that otherwise u may split your socket like i did. Once that is off the two covers should come off and from there on it should be pretty straight forward.

I dont think u have to take the mount off but the crank pulley needs to come off probably need an impact gun or wrench for that otherwise u may split your socket like i did. Once that is off the two covers should come off and from there on it should be pretty straight forward.

I'll give it another go tomorrow. Thanks.

someone who cant remove a timing cover in my opinion should not be touching water pumps or crank pulleys . it may end up in tears before bedtime. but be my guest im all for diy repairs, its how i learned .

Might aswell have a go he's probably just missed a bolt, think on mine you have to take the idler pulley off on the crank pulley belt aswell as it obscures one of the cover bolts, i think. Once you have done it once you won't have a problem doing it again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links