Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member- Got A Few Questions, Help Needed!

St205Ash

Hi guys and girls,

Just brought my first toyota - a 1994 Celica JDM ST205 GT4.

I did my research before buying the car, and I have to say I got a really good deal, the car has loads of history since import and has been well looked after by it previous owner!

Im looking to do a few bits and pieces to the car, which i need some help with.

1. I have a 3g iPhone running REV software which shows you all the car's live read-outs like, boast pressure, engine speed , RPM, temp, ect. It measures this using the OBD II port and transmits the reading wirelessly using wi fi . What i need help with is locating the OBD II port, if it has one as I know all cars after 01/01/1996 had them as standard but does my celica??

2. The other little niggle i have is when im rolling backwards or reversing and i apply the brakes there is a knocking from the front brakes, any ideas as to what this is??

Thanks in advance for your help!

the first point i'm interested in, you got a link to the soft/hardware? and no it doesn't have an OBDII port as far as i know

the second point, how bad a knocking and have you had someone listen to it from the outside?

congratulations on your purchase :D

the knocking from the front could possibly one of 2 things:

1. it could be the figure 8's quite expensive job as the lower arms might as well get replaced at same time as fig8's (lower arms can easily be damaged at same time with damaged fig8's)

or a hopefully what it is

2. the 'clips' that secure the pads on the calipers have been installed upside down, on the front calipers the bump on the clip needs to be on the bottom...the rear calipers the bump needs to be on the top.

Hope that helps, but if its not either of these things, i suggest asking on GT4OC who could prob help you better

Fig 8 failure is more like a creaking/squeaking sound, happens when you drive forwards up to around 20mph ish and going over bumps and expensive to replace the parts, Ive just ordered fig 8's, lower arms and crush tubes for both sides and cheapest I could find was £710 inc vat and delivery.

If it knocks/clicks only when braking then it will more than likely be what monkey_matt suggest, pins in wrong way round. Can you move the brake pad at all when its in the caliper, mine has a bout 2mm movement in them as the pins aren't in right and haven't got round to sorting it yet!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links