Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swine/pig Flu

Bizarra

Notice how swine flu is now no longer in the headlines!!!

Not for long... :(

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarra

• Raistlin

• balli hi

• JappyBeast

Notice how swine flu is now no longer in the headlines!!!

Not for long... :(

I'm sure it will get the most hyped story of 2009 award and Sheffield hasnt even flooded this year!

There is an e-mail doing the rounds - purportedly emanating from The Department of Health - which is causing alarm and distress in many areas, by suggesting that the so-called "Swine Flu" may possibly be passed on or contracted by eating tinned pork luncheon meat.

Please ignore it - it's just SPAM...

:lol:

And you used to complain about my jokes :D

Bet you smiled and have emailed it to your friends?!!

True :rolleyes:

Tragic news from across the pond, swine flu claims a celebrity

Kermit.jpg

Not that tragic ! :P

They say that during the post mortem it was found that his fingers on his left hand smelt of ham...........

• 4 weeks later...

I read in our papers, yesterday or the day before, that the WHO have now declared it to be a Pandemic, meaning as far as I can remember, that it is being caught by people who have not been in contact with each other :(

We have several cases here in Ireland, but no fatalities , as yet.

I got my anti flu injection, as usual, in Oct/Nov. I suppose that it may give some protection :unsure:

I read in our papers, yesterday or the day before, that the WHO have now declared it to be a Pandemic, meaning as far as I can remember, that it is being caught by people who have not been in contact with each other :(

We have several cases here in Ireland, but no fatalities , as yet.

I got my anti flu injection, as usual, in Oct/Nov. I suppose that it may give some protection :unsure:

Hi Victor

Have you clicked on the Link ? , It would seem that if you are over 60 , you are more likely to be immune from the virus , below is some text i have copied from the Link .

The BBC's medical correspondent Fergus Walsh said: "Swine flu does present a slightly higher risk to those with existing respiratory illness, asthma, cardiovascular disease and obesity."

He added: "It's worth remembering that seasonal flu kills several thousand people in the UK each winter. The difference with H1N1 swine flu is that the virus is almost exclusively targeting people under 65

How convenient... taking the focus off the government!

I don't think anything can take the focus away from the mess that is Labour

Hi Balli [not intended as a funny :P ]

No, I hadn't clicked on the link :( . I had intended going back to it & got distracted :rolleyes:

It is good to find out that reaching Vintage,Classic & collectable status has it's advantages :lol: [ wish someone would collect me ;) ]

When I had my own business, I always felt that Senior Citizens were "Cute Hoors" when it came to claiming discounts etc. By way of excusing them, I used to say "You have to be a cute hoor to reach that age" :lol2:

What I said may be dialect, so cute hoor = devious git :bookworm:

Just confirmed here , yesterday :( in Mayo.

A 7 year old kid in a 320 pupil National [primary] School has got it & is being treated at home. They are checking out all the others, but I reckon that it could go through the school like wildfire. :(

I hope not :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links