Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 Landcruiser Colorado 3.0 Td

rhino373

hi people,

i'm new to this forum & have my colorado for a year my sister had it for 4 years before me with no problems.

but tonight whilst driving to over a roundabout all was fine then it lost power,then stopped immediatley! opened bonnet checked cam belt hadnt snapped everything looks good,no oil loss,water ok....... tried to start it & over it cranked tried to start smoked quite a bit then had a little diesel knock!!! now nothing!

got towed to my workshop & am pondering.....?

???? does anyone think lift pump as when pumping hand pump doesnt feel like its pumping....

pulled outlet hose off & nothing?

anyone got any ideas.....before i give it some open heart surgery....

many thank's neil

Have you changed the fuel filter, also check the fuel lines back to the tank, maybe you have a hole in the line or the small filter inside the tank is clogged.

hi andy,

tank been out cleaned gauze filter in tank on pick up pipe....pressure tested.

gone as far as running a direct pipe from tank to pump & electric feul pump in line.... no disruptions in the way.

plenty of pressure to pump...but nothing out of pump! tested spill valve to make sure it powered up...

still nothing....may have to dip into the denso pump & have a look.

You could try a new lift pump on to of the filter, also try some clear fuel pipe between the lift pump down to the injector pump, then you will see if your getting air in the system.

hi andy ,

found the problem.....

pump must have locked up momentarilary? took out pressure swith & found alloy filings..... :unsure:

so took pump off & found that the pump drive to cam belt pulley has snapped through the woodruff key... ;)

so now i'm happy. found another pump been told toyota want 2k for a new 1 :lol:

will post up some pictures monday as i didnt strip pump this afternoon!

if any 1 has a denso pump 096500-01315/toyota number 22100-67070 leave me a message it is the electrical pump

many thanks neil

Hi,

From experience this is normally caused by poor fuel, i.e petrol instead of diesel and home made veggy fuel can cause accelerated wear.

Hi,

From experience this is normally caused by poor fuel, i.e petrol instead of diesel and home made veggy fuel can cause accelerated wear.

not quite sure what went wrong teknys....yet until i get time to pull it apart? hasnt had any dodgey fuel as i only fuel up at Shell garage at broadbridge heath.....and my sister did before hand....

hasnt had petrol in it as i'm the only driver.....

only thing i can think of is that the fuel tanker at some point had had a mixed load of petrol/diesel or diesel/kero? if they havent delivered full amount & have however many litres left in tank & fill up with diesel then you get a mixture! similar to what you buy from tesco the tanker flush :o

I cant see how this would happen, unless someone has beaten the sh*t out of it to get the pulley of before hand.

If you still need to get a pump you could try Dewsbury salvage, they always seem to have a couple in stock.

i got 1 from japman in kent! fitted last tuesday all seems fine now got russell birch a toyota man through & through ( who has just left toll house toyota and started up on his own) toyotec 07833 223205 to come down & do electrical tests as it just stopped & did seem a bit like a immobiliser or ecd shut down... russell did all the tests & completed the job very good knowledge & a superb guy ;)

p.s i made russell a puller to push broken bit off of pulley beats buying a toyota (proper tool) lol :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links