Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen

john1944

Does the series 3 (2009) Rav have a heat reflective windscreen please. I have bought a radar/laser speed camera detector, and their operation is apparently restricted when such windscreens are fitted.

Many thanks, John

Does the series 3 (2009) Rav have a heat reflective windscreen please. I have bought a radar/laser speed camera detector, and their operation is apparently restricted when such windscreens are fitted.

Many thanks, John

SO does no-one have an answer to this question !!!!

Hi John

The detailed spec of the new model line up is now available on line. It costs about £3.80 to go on for an hour and last time I looked I kept a few but not the one specifically on the glass.

This one is from the original 2006 info;

original_windscreen.pdf

.......and this outlines the differences of the 2009 model but there may be more detail online or in the new brochures when they become available;

New_model_interior.pdf

I hope this helps.

Many thanks, John

SO does no-one have an answer to this question !!!!

Hi John,

if you look through the windscreen in a pair of reactolight glasses ( not polaroid ) the level of brightness that you perceive should change on a bright day compared with a dull day. Just putting them on and taking them off will usually make a difference. HOWEVER if the windscreen is coated they don't make any difference. My optician told me this and made me test a pair in my wife's Pug 206 before she bought a pair for driving. In the Pug they made no difference. I suspect that most cars have coated windscreens these days.

hello john

I have one of these detectors and had it fitted to 2 different vehicles - both I think had heat reflective glass (not the Rav).

it worked oK with both but I don't use it now and wouldn't buy another as the detector has to have sight of the camera before it alerts you and if it has sight of the camera the camera has sight of you so you have been clocked before you have time to slow down. (i'm talking mobile cameras here).

Whenever the detector has beeped I've always been below the limit so i know it works.

John I don't know if this will help but we have toll roads here in Ireland and the "Easytrip" tag obviously has to be "visible" to the toll sensor. It works by radio and is some sort of transponder, I think. In the instructions for fitting the tag, it talks about a clear area for such devices (and presumably those remote control garage door openers) around the rear view mirror area of the windscreen. Maybe this area would work for you?

Robert

John I don't know if this will help but we have toll roads here in Ireland and the "Easytrip" tag obviously has to be "visible" to the toll sensor. It works by radio and is some sort of transponder, I think. In the instructions for fitting the tag, it talks about a clear area for such devices (and presumably those remote control garage door openers) around the rear view mirror area of the windscreen. Maybe this area would work for you?

Robert

Thanks every one; a lot to digest here. John

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links