Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Motorexpo London

no_data

That looks like a great day out............must check my diary :thumbsup:

Me going Thursday on my own (coz I got no mates) but really is an ace day. The shopping centres under the towers is awesome. There is a park & ride also as the trains are on strike next week.

Me going Thursday on my own (coz I got no mates) but really is an ace day. The shopping centres under the towers is awesome. There is a park & ride also as the trains are on strike next week.

Any details of the Park & Ride available?.........Where and how much?

I had considered a train trip but that would involve parking at the station and a pricey train ticket.............and thats no good if they are planning a strike :rolleyes:

A road trip into Docklands seems to be the best bet.............just need conformation of parking arrangements.

I drove to the last motorshow at Excell so know the route

I'm in the city on Thursday so will try and go to this then.... Went last year and it was good... the hotter the day the better the attractions and scenery around docklands gets :D :D :D :D :D

Unsure of what time I'll be getting there though...

Cannot find anything online bout park & ride so will just drive up there & see how it goes.

Jaine

Cannot find anything online bout park & ride so will just drive up there & see how it goes.

Jaine

I have made a few enquiries so will post anything that I find in the next few days :thumbsup:

Might keep an eye out for it next year - sounds very good indeed. If your going have a good time anyway

Red diesel

Taken from Canary Wharf FAQ site :

Is there car parking at Canary Wharf?

Yes, Canary Wharf has four underground public car parks, three of which lead to Cabot, Canada and Jubilee Place shopping malls.

There are currently 2900 spaces available spaces with designated bays for disabled drivers and parents with children.

At weekends and Bank Holidays, you can enjoy 3 hours' free parking in any of our public car parks when you spend £10 at any shop, café, bar or restaurant in Canary Wharf. To get 3 hours' free parking, simply collect your parking token from the sales assistant or waiter and use in the pay on foot machines before returning to your car Spend £10 in Waitrose Food & Home Monday to Friday and enjoy 2 hours' free parking, ask at point of purchase for a token.

Canary Wharf has four underground public car parks, three of which lead directly into Cabot, Canada and Jubilee Place shopping malls. There are currently 2900 spaces available spaces with designated bays for disabled drivers and parents with children.

Discounted car parking

At weekends and Bank Holidays, you can enjoy 3 hours' free parking in any of our public car parks when you spend £10 at any shop, café, bar or restaurant in Canary Wharf. To get 3 hours' free parking, just ask a sales assistant or waiter for a parking token at point of purchase.

Spend £10 in Waitrose Food & Home Monday to Friday and enjoy 2 hours' free parking, ask at point of purchase for a token.

From 6pm–4am daily, parking at a cost of £2 for the first 2 hours and £6 thereafter.

Car Parking Rates are:

Up to 2 hours £3.50

Up to 3 hours £5.00

Up to 4 hours £9.00

Up to 5 hours £12.00

Up to 6 hours £14.00

6 to 10 hours £20.00

All of the public car parks at Canary Wharf hold AA Secured Car Park awards. For further information on car, motorcycle and bicycle parking, call: 020 7418 2752.

Are there Parent & Child Parking spaces at Canary Wharf?

Yes, there are 45 Parent & Child parking bays at Canary Wharf. These are situated as follows:

16 in Cabot Square Car Park

22 in Canada Square Car Park

7 in Jubilee Place Car Park

http://www.canarywharf.com/mainFrm1.asp?st...dArea=Commuting

Traffic gets a whole lot worse when there's a train strike , so be sure to allow yourself extra journey time , don't forget City Airport is not too far away and there will be even more traffic than normal in the area , with people heading to and from the airport by road .

PS

I often rank up at Cabot Square , my number plate ends with JGF , you never know i might be there , come over and say Hi :thumbsup:

Traffic gets a whole lot worse when there's a train strike , so be sure to allow yourself extra journey time , don't forget City Airport is not too far away and there will be even more traffic than normal in the area , with people heading to and from the airport by road .

PS

I often rank up at Cabot Square , my number plate ends with JGF , you never know i might be there , come over and say Hi :thumbsup:

Tube strike will make it horrendous on Wednesday\Thursday or even bare as most will not travel... if all the Bankers come in by car on these days, all those spaces will be gone early on.....

I'm gonna mis this expo this year.. due to fact of unable to travel there... don't fancy the drive into Canary Wharf....

PS

Tube strike will make it horrendous on Wednesday\Thursday or even bare as most will not travel... if all the Bankers come in by car on these days, all those spaces will be gone early on.....

I'm gonna mis this expo this year.. due to fact of unable to travel there... don't fancy the drive into Canary Wharf....

I don't think it will be as bad if your traveling in from the east , however i'm sure if you get the overground to stratford then change onto Docklands light Railway to canary wharf you should be ok

The Docklands Light Railway and London Overground will be running a normal service during the strike, and will be the alternative for getting around East London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articl...9_feature.shtml

I am going to miss it now too :( as something come up I can't get out of & working all weekend. Gutted but Toyota not showing anyway so no iQ3 to look at. I go up there a lot & park under the towers as I like Tiffinbites indian restaurant, it is scrummy. We should do a meet up there one day!

Planning to drive in down M11 on Thursday morning with an ex workmate and will attempt to park wherever I can find a space.

Will look out for your cab at Cabot Square Bali ..................Will say Hi if I see you :thumbsup:

Might well look at Tiffinbites Jaine.................pitty you will not be there for me to shout you a lunch :(

Planning to drive in down M11 on Thursday morning with an ex workmate and will attempt to park wherever I can find a space.

Will look out for your cab at Cabot Square Bali ..................Will say Hi if I see you :thumbsup:

Might well look at Tiffinbites Jaine.................pitty you will not be there for me to shout you a lunch :(

Nice one :thumbsup:

I ranked up there yesterday expecting to get away fairly quickly due to the tube strike , but unbeknown to me the Jubilee Line was running a near perfect service , coupled with a full service on the DLR , so i spent the best part of an hour stewing before i eventually trapped a job and got away, not before i got my Badge and bill checked though by a member of TFL's cab enforcement team , nearly got myself in hot water though as i got a bit moody with the fella lol :blush: , owing to the amount of time spent on the rank and the first thing i see is his warrant card identity thing being thrust in my face , still only doing his job i suppose .

Anyway as regards the traffic , i had a fairly smooth drive in to canary wharf , without any delays , the traffiic in and out of the wharf was free flowing and did'nt seem busier than normal however it was a different story once i entered the city and beyond , where gridlock & chaos was the order of the day .

I probably won't get there today untill after 4-30pm as i do the school run at 3-30pm :thumbsup:

Bet old Boris is loving the Congestion Charge... They didn't miss a trick with that one.. :D :D . keeping it in place during the Tube Strike.... Must have made enough in these two days that would probably take them a month.... :o :o

Had a great day at Canary Wharf and Motor Expo

The drive in was supersmooth with absolutely no holdups....................parked up with no problems in underground carpark..........Cost £14 for all day as aposed to £44 each that train fare would have cost.

Bali...........I went bowling up to a cabbie with the same last 3 letters as you ...............but It wasn't you :lol::rolleyes: ............I felt such a fool :blush:..........Thankfully the guy was alright about it :thumbsup:

Some nice cars and motorbikes on show..............including two or three UK launch models.

I have only passed through the area before on the DLR so it was a great chance to explore and see the modern architecture up close......Most impressive :thumbsup:

The weather held up well so the office "staff" were out in all their glory at lunchtime :drool: ;)

Just a little rain on the way home and decided to cut across country from Stanstead as the M11 was getting slow and busy............only to end up stuck in a traffic jam at an "Agricultural Event" on the country route :(

Certainly pleased that I made the effort and went. :yes:.............Thanks for the tip off Jaine............Maybe see you next time?

Had a great day at Canary Wharf and Motor Expo

The drive in was supersmooth with absolutely no holdups....................parked up with no problems in underground carpark..........Cost £14 for all day as aposed to £44 each that train fare would have cost.

Bali...........I went bowling up to a cabbie with the same last 3 letters as you ...............but It wasn't you :lol::rolleyes: ............I felt such a fool :blush:..........Thankfully the guy was alright about it :thumbsup:

Some nice cars and motorbikes on show..............including two or three UK launch models.

I have only passed through the area before on the DLR so it was a great chance to explore and see the modern architecture up close......Most impressive :thumbsup:

The weather held up well so the office "staff" were out in all their glory at lunchtime :drool: ;)

Just a little rain on the way home and decided to cut across country from Stanstead as the M11 was getting slow and busy............only to end up stuck in a traffic jam at an "Agricultural Event" on the country route :(

Certainly pleased that I made the effort and went. :yes:.............Thanks for the tip off Jaine............Maybe see you next time?

Hi

Glad to hear you had a good time :thumbsup:

I did'nt get to the wharf last thursday untill 4-45 pm , but got hailed just before i could put on the rank , however i made my way back half an hour later but then drove straight out again cos the taxi que was too long .

Sorry you approached the wrong cab :lol: i was aware that a few other cabs have the last three letters as mine , but the odds on us being at canary wharf at the same time , i would have thought were small,

what did you say to him ? :lol:

what did you say to him ? :lol:

I said "Are you Bali from Essex..............the TOC member?"........................He gave me a look as if I had dropped of the planet ZOG!! :lol::lol:

Glad you had a busy day.....................I noticed that the Land Rover "Intelligent Stop Start" demonstrators had taken over one of the cab ranks to park in.................When I mentioned this to one of the demo drivers he said that it was all agreed with the authorities :rolleyes:

Twas a great day out though................most impressed :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links