Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pictures Of My Two...

John R

Well you could buy one for her!

I love that border kit too. How much is it, and what does it consist of? I'm thinking front nose and side skirts, is there more?

Cheers fella. OMG I love this Kit, I'm seriously thinking of getting it if I get my bonus this year..... Any idea on price anyone?

speedstash.com do a copy, they are in the US but say they can ship to England. It's up for $300

where did you get yours from mate?

John R, would I be right in saying that its been crashed? it looks as if the front panel has been sprayed, it looks a different shade from the bodywork behind it (bonnet lights etc..)

I only noticed because I crashed mine (minor impact) and currently it has a similar effect!

I noticed that too, but I think it could be down to the fact that the paint fades in a different way when it is sprayed on to plastic when compared to metal. I've experienced this several times in the past.....However, i could be wrong.

When looking at MR2 pictues on the net Ive seen quite a number of cars where Ive noticed this. I tend to remember noticing it on red ones mainly for some reason.

Toyota's Lucerne Silver is one of the worst colours I've seen for mismatching plastic front bumpers with the rest of the car.

I've seen several brand spanking new Celicas (mine included) that the bumper looks a different colour. And my MR2 also!!

As for John R's car, I think it's just the same fate as many Toyota bumpers - colours don't quite look the same. I don't think it's crash damaged at all - the gaps where it meets the bonnet etc look very exact.

Well I had mine resprayed and it has the same effect, it looks a tiny bit not quite right as such, I never did think it could be the sprayer's fault as he has a very good rep.

I will try and get a picture thinking about it :)

Well I had mine resprayed and it has the same effect, it looks a tiny bit not quite right as such, I never did think it could be the sprayer's fault as he has a very good rep.

I will try and get a picture thinking about it :)

Same with me....Iv'e had the whole car re-sprayed and the front bumper looks a little different depending on the angle your on...Im sure it's just the way paint looks on plastic vs metal etc.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I did notice it when I looked at the car in the garage, But I checked all the body panels where they meet and they are allf ine, there is also no evidence of a crash in the log book which is full.

I put it down to plastic/metal.

There have been times where I have even noticed it on my car......and its white :blink:

Sometimes you notice more than others is what Ive found with MR2's

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links