Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Problem With Clutch And Steering

flashgordon

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, hoping I can get some ideas to save me from despair! Basically, I own a 58 plate auris TR 1.4D-4D. It has a problem with the clutch (been back to the garage twice now) and the steering unit (been in once - today!) and the problems seem to still be there despite toyota telling me they've been repaired.

Regarding the clutch, I keep getting a 'creek' whenever I put my foot on, or take my foot off the clutch. Toyota say they have replaced the master cylinder and pedal unit but the problem still seems to be there. Like i say, it's already been back twice regarding this..

The steering - whenever I perform a manouvre from standstill i.e. reversing out of a parking space, I seem to get a series of 'click' sounds as the wheel straightens up then its fine. Toyota have replaced a part today but the problem is still there.

I really don't know what to do now. They must be sick of hearing my voice, and obviously, they don't seem to know what the problems are!

Any ideas where to go now?

Thanks,

Dave

I have an Auris T3 1.6 2008 and have the same creaking from the clutch pedal. I've only had the car a month and notice that the creaking only happens in really hot weather, obviously this means that something is expanding in the heat. I took it back to the dealer and they were going to change the master cylider but ended up just changing the clutch pedal and bushes with a bit of grease here and there. It seems okay now but I'll wait until the weather really warms up (and that may be some time). I understand from other forums that the Yaris also has this complaint.

Regarding your steering clicks, not sure what that could be.

Trublu

Live with it :D

Now serious the clutch was fixed on mine I had the same problem had to go there twice. They didn't replace anything but lubricate something I cannot tell u what exactly but seemed to work my guess is that in the plant while assembly they didn't do it properly. It is normal that clutch gets noisy after some years I had this problem with my Saxo but not after 1 or 2 years a very negative point to the Turkish assembly factory here.

as for steering I also have that over 60 km when I turn specially left. I learned to live with it because I went there lots of times because of this. I know they did something because when it was out it was ok but the sound eventually returned. Finally they replaced the steering column but guess what it returned. Well I'm tired so I just learned to live with it next maintenance if I feel in the mood I might complain again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links