Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ride Height

GAZ_THESNIPER

Am awaiting delivery of some 15 * 6.5 OZ's from revolution247 and they reccomend offsets 37 on 195/45 tyres,

Rear tyre rubbing hopefully won't be an issue as I also have a set of stiffer dampers and apex springs on the way! :)

I have similar size, you will be fine. My offset is 40 so just touches on full lock on the front left wheel but it is no big shakes, youwon't have that problem with 37. I also went to revolution247 and got good service from them.

Andy

Haha all this is making me feel a lot more negatively toward to lowering springs i am considering fitting XD

Am awaiting delivery of some 15 * 6.5 OZ's from revolution247 and they reccomend offsets 37 on 195/45 tyres,

Rear tyre rubbing hopefully won't be an issue as I also have a set of stiffer dampers and apex springs on the way! :)

I have similar size, you will be fine. My offset is 40 so just touches on full lock on the front left wheel but it is no big shakes, youwon't have that problem with 37. I also went to revolution247 and got good service from them.

Andy

Yea offset 40's are a bit further in arent they?

They are an awesome service, really helpful... ALTHOUGH.. BAD NEWS! :( i just got an e-mail to say that the courrier has damaged one of the wheels by dropping it!

SO they have re-ordered for me and should be here next week!

OZ_Damaged_wheel3.bmp

Andy

Yea offset 40's are a bit further in arent they?

They are an awesome service, really helpful... ALTHOUGH.. BAD NEWS! :( i just got an e-mail to say that the courrier has damaged one of the wheels by dropping it!

SO they have re-ordered for me and should be here next week!

Yep, the bigger the number the further in. Shame about the wheel, nice wheels though. Post a picture when they are done.

Andy

Have recieved the wheels today... look awesome

Am fitting them tomorow evening as I am having the suspension done tomorrow and they will look better :)

Here's a pic of them not fitted yet...

Will post more pics of them on the car tomorrow....

post-89590-1265836944_thumb.jpg

post-89590-1265836966_thumb.jpg

First Picture... Just fitted and couldn't resist

will upload more tomorrow once she's clean and hopefully in a spot of sunshine :)

post-89590-1265928133_thumb.jpg

First Picture... Just fitted and couldn't resist

will upload more tomorrow once she's clean and hopefully in a spot of sunshine :)

Look good from that, luck forward to some more pictures.

More pictures ... still not clean yet though as I have been too busy driving and getting used to the new springs & dampers let alone the wider wheels!

post-89590-1265997640_thumb.jpg

post-89590-1265997672_thumb.jpg

post-89590-1265997697_thumb.jpg

Very nice ! Pop the picks up when you have them fitted.

Are those Toyo T1-R's?

Any

yea they are the Toyo's... Feel like they will need a good 100 miles through them before they are at their optimim grip... at the moment they will only give in slightly if you are really really trying!

post-89590-1266005821_thumb.jpg

Are those Toyo T1-R's?

Any

yea they are the Toyo's... Feel like they will need a good 100 miles through them before they are at their optimim grip... at the moment they will only give in slightly if you are really really trying!

I'm sure my spelling is getting worse, picts rather than pics and luck rather than look :rolleyes: Don't post on the internet when drinking.... sorry mum!

Back on topic. Looks great! :thumbsup: Very Mad Max. Nice combination, just need to fit the lowering springs now.

Yep, going from 155 to 195 does show how much grip a small car with little weight up front can generate. You need to get rid of the releasing compound and then have a bit warmer temps and you will feel even more difference.

Nice work. What other modifications have you planned? Might be worth opening a new topic? Or I could start one "Aygo tuning"

Andy

Are those Toyo T1-R's?

Any

I'm sure my spelling is getting worse, picts rather than pics and luck rather than look :rolleyes: Don't post on the internet when drinking.... sorry mum!

Back on topic. Looks great! :thumbsup: Very Mad Max. Nice combination, just need to fit the lowering springs now.

Yep, going from 155 to 195 does show how much grip a small car with little weight up front can generate. You need to get rid of the releasing compound and then have a bit warmer temps and you will feel even more difference.

Nice work. What other modifications have you planned? Might be worth opening a new topic? Or I could start one "Aygo tuning"

Andy

Yea grip levels are fantastic and the car gives you so much feedback through the chassis anyway, you can always tell what is going on under the wheels!

Will start a new topic with some photos of the car when i finally get around to cleaning her like i keep saying I will!

I have got the Balance Motorsport exhaust system, & Suspension kit (Bilstein dampers & Apex lowering springs) which I shall also take pictures of,

I've also done the K&N 57i Kit but am thinking of a few modifications to it to produce better airflow.

Future modifications planned include...

Lightweight race seats,

EBC brakes & pads (when they need to be changed)

xenon HID conversion,

Turbocharger,

Coilover Kit.

will start a new topic on monday :) watch this space mate!

James

I like them!!

Looks great. For me personally I would love to know what those wheels would look like in White on my Aygo. I would do this mod myself but not a massive fan of black wheels for my black car. Quite like a contrast which makes the car more striking.

I like them!!

Looks great. For me personally I would love to know what those wheels would look like in White on my Aygo. I would do this mod myself but not a massive fan of black wheels for my black car. Quite like a contrast which makes the car more striking.

Yea I considered the same wheels in white but I am very wary of drawing too much attention to my car... my dad has had Subaru Imprezza's with the classic (grose) gold alloys on them and had them vandalised in the past... i was after something less shouty!

beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, I'm sure black / white contrasts look fantastic... but I'm staying Black on Black! :)

Nice mods you have planned James :thumbsup: My car has followed a similar path suspension wise and brakes.

Have you seen any links to turbochargers? I could never find any. I'd like to fit the gearbox out the Citroen Cup cars but it is hard to find and also would cost a lot, I'm not even sure how much it shortens it by, 20% in the higher gears at least would have to be done.

I think white wheels with a black car would bring too many stares, I'd hardly be able to pick my nose.... :lol: Also, imagine cleaning them every day ... yikes.

Andy

Nice mods you have planned James :thumbsup: My car has followed a similar path suspension wise and brakes.

Have you seen any links to turbochargers? I could never find any. I'd like to fit the gearbox out the Citroen Cup cars but it is hard to find and also would cost a lot, I'm not even sure how much it shortens it by, 20% in the higher gears at least would have to be done.

I think white wheels with a black car would bring too many stares, I'd hardly be able to pick my nose.... :lol: Also, imagine cleaning them every day ... yikes.

Andy

What are the EBC brakes & pads like? I feel the standard are awesome as its such a light car anyway but will still upgrade next time they need changing (out-braking people is almost as much fun as out-accelorating them! :P )

Not sure on Turbocharger as yet but will keep my ear out, I think people in the past have had trouble with reliability i.e. oil leaks and fuel injection being an issue...

I have not considered the C1 cup car gearbox as I think the standard gearbox itself is more than strong enough for around 100Hp but the clutch is where the car is let down... have heard of people attempting to fit a bigger tougher clutch from a yaris but dont't know if there has been any success?!

Dirty white wheels are a disgrase and cleaning them every day would be an absolute necessity! Mind you my wheels have been attracting more than enough attention at traffic lights recently... its ok though because I'm never seen for long! ;)

James

What are the EBC brakes & pads like? I feel the standard are awesome as its such a light car anyway but will still upgrade next time they need changing (out-braking people is almost as much fun as out-accelorating them! :P )

Not sure on Turbocharger as yet but will keep my ear out, I think people in the past have had trouble with reliability i.e. oil leaks and fuel injection being an issue...

I have not considered the C1 cup car gearbox as I think the standard gearbox itself is more than strong enough for around 100Hp but the clutch is where the car is let down... have heard of people attempting to fit a bigger tougher clutch from a yaris but dont't know if there has been any success?!

Dirty white wheels are a disgrase and cleaning them every day would be an absolute necessity! Mind you my wheels have been attracting more than enough attention at traffic lights recently... its ok though because I'm never seen for long! ;)

James

Nice pics of the car, looks great :thumbsup:

The EBC pads and disks are very good, you can tell the difference. Well I could, you get more braking and more progressive braking from first touch, no grinding noises either... mind you, maybe my original ones weren't the best in the world.

The advantage of the cup gearbox would be the shorter ratio's, the worse thing about the Aygo is 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears being too high. I'd prefer 55, 75 and 100 for those rather than the 65, 90 and 120 you get at the moment. However I don't know how short it is, also it seems impossible to get easily.

Andy

• 8 years later...

Hi All im new to this and i know this is an old topic but can anyone tell me what size Spring Assistors i need to get for my Aygo she has original springs and i need to try and elminate the rubbing when i have passengers in the back, failing that is there any better springs that i can change to so that it stops the drop.

Thanks

On 23/06/2009 at 12:28 AM, Red Yaris 54 said:

The Aygo is not designed or built to carry 5 people.........................There are only 4 seat belts fitted!

Carrying five people will invalidate your insurance cover and could land you in very deep water if stopped by the police :(

Exactly. You have no excuses. Your mate must walk. You are allowing your vehicle to be overloaded. Three points and a potentially heavy fine. It is also your mates responsibility to wear a seatbelt. He will be fined also. The police will notice an overloaded car straight away. 

9 minutes ago, paulie b said:

Exactly. You have no excuses. Your mate must walk. You are allowing your vehicle to be overloaded. Three points and a potentially heavy fine. It is also your mates responsibility to wear a seatbelt. He will be fined also. The police will notice an overloaded car straight away. 

You've quoted and responded to a post made 9 years ago .....

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You've quoted and responded to a post made 9 years ago .....

I didn't see the date. That said what I and the person I quoted said is still valid in terms of the law. Don't put a fifth passenger in a four seat car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links