Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Used Turbomagnets On Fuel Pipe?

tony1968

hi there was wondering if anyones used these magnets you fit on your fuel pipe to get better mpg? just bought a couple off e bay for a tenner but id thought id ask on here to make sure they do know damage first.Next question if they are ok im rubbish with engines where exactly do you fit them ,diagram is basic , i know where the fuel filter is but to me theres 5 pipes comeing off and i aint got a clue which one to attach to , any help apreciated.

hi there was wondering if anyones used these magnets you fit on your fuel pipe to get better mpg? just bought a couple off e bay for a tenner but id thought id ask on here to make sure they do know damage first.Next question if they are ok im rubbish with engines where exactly do you fit them ,diagram is basic , i know where the fuel filter is but to me theres 5 pipes comeing off and i aint got a clue which one to attach to , any help apreciated.
sorry i have a 4.3 diesel.

Not the old magnet con! You’ve just lost a tenner’s worth of fuel matey! One born every minute :lol:

They're all smoke and mirrors. About as much use as snake oil. Probably make a good paperweight though ;)

If you still have the bag\box they came in...open it and put them back in it............ you would be better off spending the tenner on fuel.... as those magnets are useless...... if you could spend £10 on getting better fuel economy by using these things.... I'm sure every manufacture would have developed there own....

Your get more fuel economy by using your own Mk1 eyes and a lighter foot.....

Or buy a Diesel......

I don't know whetheer these things work but it seems the general opinion is that they don't. However, now you have them you might as well fit them. The trouble is you don't say where they should go. Look at the filter head and there are arrows to show which is which. Unless you have something special there are only 2 pipes though, one from the tank to the filter at the back and the one nearer the front (of the car) is to the engine.

Look on the bright side, if they don't work you can always use them for holding notes to the inside of your garage door!

Well, I tried them on my HiFi speaker cables and I can definately claim that the the music had more clarity and expression! :rolleyes:

DaveH

The automotive equivalent of Voodoo . . .

I think you might have the makings of a decent subject Tony;

What can we think of for your magnets (if they don't work!!!).

I think you might have the makings of a decent subject Tony;

What can we think of for your magnets (if they don't work!!!).

You could fit loads of them to the driver's chair to stabilise any body peircings or jewellry, preventing them from flapping around whilst off-roading . . .

assuming it's cheap jewellry that is . . . B)

The problem is that you won't see any benefit, until you implement the complete system (shown below).

The deluxe version comes with a lid for the beaker. :rolleyes:

magicmagnet.jpg

I would have spent the £tenner on pies n beer :thumbsup:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Top mark to Shcm for his O'Level home work there.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

oh well , it was worth the tenner just looking at the replies, they have a 90 day money back guarantee on them but i can guarantee i wont see the tennner again if i send them back, might try them anyway who knows pigs might fly, but thanks for replies, next time il know to ask on here first.

I would have spent the £tenner on pies n beer :thumbsup:

Glad you said beer (singular), the price of a pint these days! :angry:

Anyway, more money for pies! :D

I'd get an "A*********" for that these days. :yes: In my day it would be "D-, could do better. Pie missing from diagram" :P :unsure:

I'd get an "A*********" for that these days. :yes: In my day it would be "D-, could do better. Pie missing from diagram" :P :unsure:

Well the pie was the most important piece of information.....and you missed it! :o

Local Hero popped in to see me last week and came PIELESS, had to explain the error of his ways :eat::lol:

We will have to sort that trip to Manchester for curry n :beer: soon as

PS This particular posting was completely off topic and made no mention of magnets..........sorry!

oh well , it was worth the tenner just looking at the replies, they have a 90 day money back guarantee on them but i can guarantee i wont see the tennner again if i send them back, might try them anyway who knows pigs might fly, but thanks for replies, next time il know to ask on here first.

Put them back on eBay...!

Well the pie was the most important piece of information.....and you missed it! :o

Yes Indeed. An empty pie dish (licked clean of gravy) can be used in place of the beaker. :)

Local Hero popped in to see me last week and came PIELESS, had to explain the error of his ways :eat::lol:

:nono: :censor: :lol:

Well, what a liberty. LH could have brought you one (or maybe two) in a magnetic parts bowl (for those that have magnetic parts).

Still almost on topic.

Click - Magnetic Parts Bowl

I would expect LH did have a large pie for you, but just couldn't fit it in the RAV? :thumbsup:

Hello ya'll :lol:

In me slightly younger days when I got spammed into pyramid sales... the one item they wanted us to try and flog were the so called "Fuel busters"...

Guess what they were... Yep fancy magnets in a nice designed plastic ring to be placed precisely between the fuel pump and the injectors... We were then told that the magnetic field would re-arrange the molecular structure of the fuel to make it "run" smoother through the fuel system and return a better MPG....

This was back in 1993/94. The first place I took these were to my local petrol station and gave them the low down... They asked to trial one for a few weeks which I agreed on...

After the trials they advised that at first they thought the thing was actually working... untill they realized it was a hot summer and that your MPG is/should be better in hotter climates... so strangely enough they didn't want to sell these...

So after a long story... the low down on these are that they are rubbish!

Tell that to the one who's selling it... He/she will tell you that some fancy university have studied these and that they work... Hmmm what can you get for a tenner nowadays...

4 pints down the local?

Thats where my tenner would have gone ;)

Regards

Rob

B)

Perhaps you could place them around the inlet manifold to catch the pieces when the magnetic field causes the turbo to disintegrate.

:D :D :D

Perhaps you could place them around the inlet manifold to catch the pieces when the magnetic field causes the turbo to disintegrate.

Thanks for the MAGNETude of responses, i really felt the FORCE in what you said and will be leaveing NEGATIVE feedback on e bay for this item, and im POSITIVE i will come up with something to use them for. :)

Yes Indeed. An empty pie dish (licked clean of gravy) can be used in place of the beaker. :)

:nono: :censor: :lol:

Well, what a liberty. LH could have brought you one (or maybe two) in a magnetic parts bowl (for those that have magnetic parts).

Still almost on topic.

Click - Magnetic Parts Bowl

I would expect LH did have a large pie for you, but just couldn't fit it in the RAV? :thumbsup:

I can confirm I did indeed call on kingo pieless, I honestly intended taking him the largest pie i could find, however as Queensferry really only seems to have one street + not a bakers in sight other than a huge asda, i arrived without a pie :yes: However i can reveal that the former cuddly Kingo now has the physique of a racing snake + has shed 1+1/2 stone + to put this back on topic he has become something of a Babe MAGNET.. :thumbsup: Stew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links