Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who's Placed An Order And When's It Coming?

tone_uk

Hiya

Just a quick question - have you ordered a 3rd Generation Prius yet (as in you have actually paid a deposit to a dealer in the UK) - and if so do you have any idea on a delivery date yet?

Just curious as to how many readers have ordered blind like me :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaronB

• martswain

• Fujisan

• Stepppy

Being totally new to the Prius, I'll wait for a test drive first before handing over any money. ;)

But I was told that an order now would arrive late Sept / October.

The company I work for has ordered 5 and we have not been told when we can expect them yet.

Yep, currently all Prius are built in Japan, and if I recall to satisfy demand Toyota builds them at two plants. They were planning to open a factory in America but that was put on hold due to the recession.

I ordered one for my wife on the first day they started taking orders , we have had no communication at all from Toyota , the dealer has no delivery date yet but said they will contact us as soon as they have , they still don't have a demonstrator car yet or any brochures ! Im hoping delivery will be start of Aug but who knows.

Have a read of this! :eek:

Especially the last line:

"There is now a seven-month waiting list for the Toyota Prius and production has been increased in Japan to keep up with the high demand."

Hope that wait is only for the Japanese home market! :blink:

The salesman in the garage we bought from said the numbers they can sell are very limited , he had an allowance of 4 cars before October and had sold all of them , he said he would now have to wait until Oct to be able to sell any more cars.

Just spoke to the dealer and i've been led to believe the car will be here as per the release date on the small brochure 01/08/2009 .

The problem with ordering now is that with high demand and limited availability, discounts are going to be non-existent. If I was going to buy the Gen 3 I'd definitely hold off until the dealers can give some firm dates.

Spoke to a local dealer today. He said that their demonstrator should have arrived on Friday 10-07-09 but it will now arrive on Monday 13-07-09. Surely that's going to create quite a lot of demand - demand which can't be satisfied?

Spoke to a local dealer today. He said that their demonstrator should have arrived on Friday 10-07-09 but it will now arrive on Monday 13-07-09. Surely that's going to create quite a lot of demand - demand which can't be satisfied?

Almost paid a little visit to my local dealer today............ just to see if anything had turned up. ;)

In the end decided to play it cool B)

I'll see one soon enough :thumbsup:

Hiya

Just a quick question - have you ordered a 3rd Generation Prius yet (as in you have actually paid a deposit to a dealer in the UK) - and if so do you have any idea on a delivery date yet?

Just curious as to how many readers have ordered blind like me :)

I have, and being quoted late August, early September. So I'll wait for the "59" plate change on the 1st September.

Ordered mine last night! They think it will be late September

I will probably also fork out money for New Prius. But not this year, but rather in 2011. I will not be so cool, but I will be cool enough anyway as I have old Prius. I rather let Toyota to fully debug new model. Even old Prius had its share of problems in first production years. As I make 45000 km per year, I usually dislike being tester for any car company irelevant of warranties they give. I rather let other do this for me and then I buy debugged stuff, Prius Version 3 Service Pack 1 or 2. :)

Ogo

Ordered on 13th July.

Should arrive at the dealer on 27th.

Expecting to drive it away from the dealer on 28th July.

Who has given you the information on delivery date ? My dealer can't tell us anything and we ordered ours the first day they started taking orders :huh:

The DVLA paperwork has already arrived so they know the VIN etc and they expect a transporter on the 27th.

One of their customers has ordered the leather interior and although he ordered as soon as was possible it looks like late September before he will take delivery.

Leather interiors are fitted in the UK so the cars have to be taken apart and re-trimmed.

The DVLA paperwork has already arrived so they know the VIN etc and they expect a transporter on the 27th.

One of their customers has ordered the leather interior and although he ordered as soon as was possible it looks like late September before he will take delivery.

Leather interiors are fitted in the UK so the cars have to be taken apart and re-trimmed.

Mine's due to arrive on the transporter on 25th, but it seems Toyota is indicating to dealers that they cannot let them go until official launch day on 1st August.

I've written emailed a couple of people at Toyota GB to see if they are prepared to comment on this, and as soon as I get a reply I'll post some info.

Long and short of it is I've been waiting months for the new model since I heard it was coming out in Q3 2009 - that was back in September 2008 - I think another 4 days isn't going to kill me :)

That is very productive. NOT. :huh:

Ogo

I've ordered leather interior too. And it is true that the leather is applied in the UK - its a totally unique to the UK leather trim kit only available in dark grey. At least I managed to see and sit in a car so equipped at MIRA. Quite why this is I have no idea.

My car is due at the beginning of September though.

Well i test drove the new Prius Yesterday and was very impressed, i ask if i ordered one today when would i expect it? The dealer told me currently 1-2 weeks. He did however say that on the system its marked as poc or something along those lines which means that eta is subject to change.

Hi,

Dealer called me on Saturday morning to say that our T3 had arrived (Fri, I think) and that we could go down and see it. So got to see Novus Grey for the first time! (The European description of Blue-Grey is a better descriptor). Looks very smart. The car is embargoed until 01.08.09 - so it‘s strange only being able to visit and not buy until then. However, I did ask if I could take away the Owner’s Manual - which was granted. 576 pages + DVD. (For Spirit owners there are even more manuals). It’s our first Prius - so we need to get up to speed. Roll on 1st August.

It arrived at the dealer today (Mon 20th), will collect the manuals tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links