Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Car Mats

Mereside

I have a Rav and being sad about looking after it I bought it some carpet mats...er and rubber mats to put over the top. They do both clip on the clips and stay put.

I have now had the car just over 14 months and the drivers mat has worn through 13k miles done, I wear normal shoes or trainers not boots or wellies.

I went in to replace the front mats and Mr T has quoted me £77 as they only do a full set.

Anyone know where to get front rubber mats from as sensible money.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mereside

Rubber mats are a bit agricultural. Get some carpet mats from Kingo. They are really good quality, tough and clean easy and last for ages;

Horns102.jpg

Anchorman,

I have genuine Toyota carpet mats underneath the rubber ones but visit farms and building sites with my job so can get a bit muddy so I need the rubber mats.

I must check and see if the carpet mats are sold as front/rear seperately.

I have a Rav and being sad about looking after it I bought it some carpet mats...er and rubber mats to put over the top. They do both clip on the clips and stay put.

I have now had the car just over 14 months and the drivers mat has worn through 13k miles done, I wear normal shoes or trainers not boots or wellies.

I went in to replace the front mats and Mr T has quoted me £77 as they only do a full set.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mereside

I bought Toyota mats for my 4.3 and was surprised that they did not have a wear pad on driver mat.

Sure enough, wore through in about 6000 miles.

As other mats still perfect I bought some industrial rubber matting and cut a wear pad which I positoned strategically and glued in place with Evo-stik contact. Still fine after another 6000.

If you go this route, make sure wear pad is big enough so you don't catch the edge as you work the pedals [i actually covered about 1/3 of original mat area]

Thanks in anticipation.

Mereside

I fitted rubber mats over my Toyota carpet mats to avoid having to clean them a lot! - Bought them from a car accessory shop after trying Halfords which did not have any suitable ones - to stop them slipping forward I cut two small holes and fitted them over the floor clips, they have been in place since last Oct without any problems.

I expect most car acceessory shops will stock a good range but worth taking your mats to check the size, did the same with my wife's Auris.

Guy

Thanks in anticipation.

Mereside

I have genuine Toyota mats which were fitted from new by the dealer. From memory, they cost about £65. The car is now 16 months old and has done 11,000 miles. The drivers mat is almost worn through and looks as though it will not make 2 years. As these are genuine Toyota, supplied and fitted by their agent and were bought as part of the RAV deal, are they covered by the 3 year warranty? For a £65 accessory they have not performed well and I have to question the quality.

I do take the mats out every 1 - 2 weeks and vacuum clean them and have shampooed them a couple of times so it can hardly be lack of TLC. Hell! I don't look after the wife that well. :angry:

Thanks to all,

I have found some Skoda mats in my garage and will use one of those and in the meantime do the rounds of the accessory shops, Shame the Toyota mats don't have the quality to last, although this is the only complaint I have with the car so am pretty happy with my choice of car.

Now when is that 6 speed auto coming out... no no I mustn't.

Regards

Mereside

Have to say, at less than 2 years old and under 16,000 miles on the clock, I am a little dissapointed with my

Rav's carpets and upholstery. The area of carpet beside the clutch foot rest is badly worn and cloth seats dont

fill me with confidence in their longevity. :(

Have to say, at less than 2 years old and under 16,000 miles on the clock, I am a little dissapointed with my

Rav's carpets and upholstery. The area of carpet beside the clutch foot rest is badly worn and cloth seats dont

Not seen you for ages Dave!!!

I must check my mats beause I thought they were as new. You are all making me nervous!

I must check my mats beause I thought they were as new. You are all making me nervous!

Not been on here much of late, all doom & gloom up here at the moment. Pay offs at work et al. :(

Not been on here much of late, all doom & gloom up here at the moment. Pay offs at work et al. :(

I hope everything works out OK mate :thumbsup:

Same here less than 2 years old 14500 miles and drivers mat well worn where my heels rest. Can not remember what I paid but I do remember they were expensive.

Leather front seats also looking a bit tired.

Same here less than 2 years old 14500 miles and drivers mat well worn where my heels rest. Can not remember what I paid but I do remember they were expensive.

Leather front seats also looking a bit tired.

My 4.3 has done 31k miles. I had carpet mats fitted when I bought it and they are wearing only a little bit. I think all carpet mats tend to wear below the accelerator pedal and I hate those rubber pad things you get on some car mats; the heel of my shoe tends to catch or stick. Cloth seats are lasting very well; much better than those in the 4.2 which after the same sort of mileage were going fluffy and a just a little tatty.

It's nice to be pleased with the interior of my car, and the climate control works really well. Pity that mechanically it's trouble without end.

Still having problems Maria?

After reading this, thought I would have a look at my mats .....

my RAV4 has done 42K, 32K of that by myself - got official RAV4 mats - carpet, no rubber heel pad - and there is very little sign of any wear, which I have not thought about before but it pretty impressive after over 30,000 miles at least and more likely over 40,000 miles

• 2 weeks later...

I had a close look at my mats and as I thought they are virtually unworn after 20k/3 years in September. I took these photos and have shown the seats so you can see how they are fairing. The drivers seat has to suffer my svelt figure daily so it has put up with a lot!!!

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

There is a slight stain under the heel but I think I could shift it with more water or wet vaccing;

IMG_0577.jpg

I notice there are a set on eBay and you might get them for just over a tenner;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250468836637

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links