Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Tuning

jjj_aygo

Hi all

I know there are petrol heads out there who have modified their Aygo's an I thought it would be a good idea to have a topic devoted to Aygo tuning!

Post pictures and details of any modifications and tell us all about any future plans you have....

My current modifications include: (in order of installation)

K&N 57i Induction kit

Balance motorsport full stainless steel exhaust system inc. sports cat & center pipe

Bilstein Dampers

Apex lowering springs

O.Z Super Turismo 15" * 6.5" alloys

Future modifications planned:

EBC Discs & Green stuff pads

Cool-it exhaust & manifold wrap

Coilover suspension kit

Lightweight Race seats

Turbocharger

xenon HID conversion

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jjj_aygo

• Number1Norton

• Angryhatter

• AygoFast

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep us posted on updates, and if possible could you keep a before, during, after photographic log? Would be very interesting to see the progression.

Keep us posted on updates, and if possible could you keep a before, during, after photographic log? Would be very interesting to see the progression.

Will Do!

I'll dig out some photo's from before suspension upgrades and wheels that I have...

future modifications will definatly have before, during & after pictures!

Will Do!

I'll dig out some photo's from before suspension upgrades and wheels that I have...

future modifications will definatly have before, during & after pictures!

I shall keep an eye out for the posts :thumbsup:

Your Aygo is just how I want mine to look. You have great taste in wheels.

Some people buy horrible looking alloys and think they've improved their car.

And you got them in black, which is amazing. :)

Currently. I have only put a backbox on mine, and that is all I shall do I think.

I was thinking of supercharging it. But then I was looking and for the money it costs to sc it. I can buy my next car, Fabia VRS.

Your Aygo is just how I want mine to look. You have great taste in wheels.

Some people buy horrible looking alloys and think they've improved their car.

And you got them in black, which is amazing. :)

Currently. I have only put a backbox on mine, and that is all I shall do I think.

I was thinking of supercharging it. But then I was looking and for the money it costs to sc it. I can buy my next car, Fabia VRS.

Thanks for your comment! :thumbsup: I thought Black on black would look awesome :) the car turns even more heads now! :P

I thought It would be worth investing in decent alloys as they are gunna last the lifetime of the car, are a bit lighter and obviously wider... no point waisting your money on horrible alloys!

Yea the cost of the super charger upgrade seems way too high as it is nearly half the value of the car! That's why I'm hoping to go down the turbocharging route... will keep you all posted on developments.

James

I think the turbocharger route might be difficult because the normal suspects who do turbo's are Japanese tuning houses who don't really have the Aygo on their radar because the Aygo is European.

Next steps for me is messing around with yet more tyres.

tyres.jpg

trying to sort out the understeer through rear geometry change and then doing a round of the Toyota Sprint series.

Also, I got a quote for the Cup C1 manifold from Italy made by Cecam, but not sure if it is worth the money, about £400.

Your coilovers .. any details on these? I know Julian at Balance Motorsports was chasing these, did it work out?

Andy

I think the turbocharger route might be difficult because the normal suspects who do turbo's are Japanese tuning houses who don't really have the Aygo on their radar because the Aygo is European.

Next steps for me is messing around with yet more tyres.

tyres.jpg

trying to sort out the understeer through rear geometry change and then doing a round of the Toyota Sprint series.

Also, I got a quote for the Cup C1 manifold from Italy made by Cecam, but not sure if it is worth the money, about £400.

Your coilovers .. any details on these? I know Julian at Balance Motorsports was chasing these, did it work out?

Andy

He is currenly working on them... using my old dampers & springs as a starting point... will keep u posted.

Also he mentioned something about EU regs meaning that an exhaust manifold would not be legal?!

Keep us updated on the rear geometry changes!

James

Hey all, This is my first post of my hopefully long time on these forums.

I own a sexy little aygo black and I really want to make her look a little meaner like a woman at that time of the month...no offence to any young ladies out there :D

I was just wondering if anybody could give me a few tips and pointers as to what to do and any good websites that may help me in purchasing new interior and exterior parts. At this point in time im just going to focus on visual upgrades as opposed to engine as they tend to cost alot more to buy, fit and insure.

Any help would be awsome!

Many thanks

Luke Horobin B)

I own a sexy little aygo black and I really want to make her look a little meaner like a woman at that time of the month...no offence to any young ladies out there :D

I was just wondering if anybody could give me a few tips and pointers as to what to do and any good websites that may help me in purchasing new interior and exterior parts. At this point in time im just going to focus on visual upgrades as opposed to engine as they tend to cost alot more to buy, fit and insure.

Many thanks

Luke Horobin B)

Official Aygo TTE Accesories here... http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44478

Include exterior parts such as front spats, side skirts ect.

May I suggest if you are only looking to do visual upgrades you consider things like;

xenon HID conversion, 15" * 6.5" alloy wheels on 195/45/15 tyres ect.

all these parts including TTE accessories are not going to be cheap unfortunatly but you could do a lot worse!

Hope that helps

James

Many thanks

Luke Horobin B)

Official Aygo TTE Accesories here... http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44478

May I suggest if you are only looking to do visual upgrades you consider things like;

all these parts including TTE accessories are not going to be cheap unfortunatly but you could do a lot worse!

Hope that helps

James

Hey James, Thanks alot for that! any alloys that would look outstandingly good on the black aygo?

Any websites that i could have a look at what different alloys there are out there. Have you done anything to your own?

Thanks again

Luke

Many thanks

Luke Horobin B)

Hope that helps

James

Hey James, Thanks alot for that! any alloys that would look outstandingly good on the black aygo?

Any websites that i could have a look at what different alloys there are out there. Have you done anything to your own?

Thanks again

Luke

Well my opinion is that seeing as you have an Aygo Black, black alloys would look really cool .... mind you that is a very Biast opinion as that is what I have done!

post-89590-1266566055_thumb.jpg

try looking on websites such as: www.revolution247.co.uk ... I got my wheels from them, they offer an outstanding service and are all really helpful!

other places to look, www.alloywheels.co.uk or deamontweeks.co.uk

Like I said I think that black on black will look really cool and maybe get your windows tinted too!!

But if you really want to stand out then some people think White alloys are the way to go!

James

Right some Before & after Photo's ... sorry they aren't very detailed they were all just snapshots and not intended as a record...

Firstly ... Exhaust upgraded to full stainless steel system from Balance Motorsport

Old exhaust coming off... new one going on...

gallery_89590_1074_742262.jpg

Old exhaust off...

gallery_89590_1074_306615.jpg

New Exhaust system...

gallery_89590_1074_58226.jpg

gallery_89590_1074_52649.jpg

New Exhaust fitted...

gallery_89590_1074_757616.jpg

Now... suspension Upgrade to Bilstein Dampers & Apex lowering springs...

gallery_89590_1074_20205.jpg

Suspension Fitted... quick snap at petrol station on the way home...

gallery_89590_1074_246607.jpg

Old alloys vs. New alloys...

gallery_89590_1074_216671.jpg

gallery_89590_1074_136769.jpg

New alloys & New Suspension...

gallery_89590_1074_58898.jpg

Watch this space for developments....

Many thanks

Luke Horobin B)

Hope that helps

James

Thanks again

Luke

Well my opinion is that seeing as you have an Aygo Black, black alloys would look really cool .... mind you that is a very Biast opinion as that is what I have done!

post-89590-1266566055_thumb.jpg

try looking on websites such as: www.revolution247.co.uk ... I got my wheels from them, they offer an outstanding service and are all really helpful!

other places to look, www.alloywheels.co.uk or deamontweeks.co.uk

Like I said I think that black on black will look really cool and maybe get your windows tinted too!!

But if you really want to stand out then some people think White alloys are the way to go!

James

Woah! shes gorgeous :P Thanks for all your help. Im getting mine valleted on tuesday so ill take a picture

when she's all clean and keep them all posted on here. and the tinted windows idea has been in my head since i got her lol

Anyway...

Thanks alot once again for the tips and that, stay in touch.

Luke B)

New Exhaust fitted...

You considered going for a new bumper at all? To house it either in a gap at the base of the bumper or coming through to bumper completely?

New Exhaust fitted...

You considered going for a new bumper at all? To house it either in a gap at the base of the bumper or coming through to bumper completely?

Yes I have considered cutting out a gap in the bottom to have the tailpipes coming though as I'm sure it would look much better... Unfortunatly the way the exhaust is built means that it is sitting very close to the petrol tank as it is and occasionally knocks against it, and there is no way it can be lifted any higher on its brackets unless the last section is completly re-designed.... I just have to be careful parking! :P

Yes I have considered cutting out a gap in the bottom to have the tailpipes coming though as I'm sure it would look much better... Unfortunatly the way the exhaust is built means that it is sitting very close to the petrol tank as it is and occasionally knocks against it, and there is no way it can be lifted any higher on its brackets unless the last section is completly re-designed.... I just have to be careful parking! :P

Haha, not good, still looks nice as it is mind.

Would just be a bit tidier if there was some way to raise it up a bit and cut a section of bumper out IMO.

Aye will need to be careful with that, don't want to be curbing the exhaust. XD

Unfortunatly the way the exhaust is built means that it is sitting very close to the petrol tank as it is and occasionally knocks

against it, and there is no way it can be lifted any higher on its brackets unless the last section is completly re-designed...

Don't you mean the spare wheel well? The fueltank sits in front of that well, underneath the rear seats and is nowhere near the exhaust...

100_1172.JPG

To the left is the black plastic fueltank, then the rear axle, the spare wheel well and the exhaust muffler underneath that...

Unfortunatly the way the exhaust is built means that it is sitting very close to the petrol tank as it is and occasionally knocks

against it, and there is no way it can be lifted any higher on its brackets unless the last section is completly re-designed...

Don't you mean the spare wheel well? The fueltank sits in front of that well, underneath the rear seats and is nowhere near the exhaust...

100_1172.JPG

To the left is the black plastic fueltank, then the rear axle, the spare wheel well and the exhaust muffler underneath that...

My BAD! ... just shows how many times I've actually looked underneath the car! yes its the spare wheel well that it knocks against (ever so slightly on slow bumps) ... the brackets holding it on are attached either side of the spare wheel well.

just shows how many times I've actually looked underneath the car!

I haven't been unde rthe car that much either. But the times I have been it

was on a ramp and I had a camera with me, so I just clicked away like mad :D

Hii JJJ Aygo ..

Just A Quick Message .. I Absolutley Adore Your alloys & Tyres!! They Look Stunning on the Car .. Very Well Done :)

I would love to be able to have some of them on my car but the only problem ive got is that i dont think they would look right because ive got a blue aygo.

Just wondering if you could point me in the right direction and just to get your opinion on whether they will look good against the blue??

If they wont what would you suggest .. would love to be able to get the tyres you have but with blue alloys .. chances of that are slim!

Just by off chance .. what tyres/alloys are they ?? and if u dont mind me asking how much were they??

Cheers Mish.

Clanging against the rear beam me thinks, at least my similar one used to before I fixed it, though though the fix is not ideal.

Andy

Hii JJJ Aygo ..

Just A Quick Message .. I Absolutley Adore Your Alloys & Tyres!! They Look Stunning on the Car .. Very Well Done :)

I would love to be able to have some of them on my car but the only problem ive got is that i dont think they would look right because ive got a blue aygo.

Just wondering if you could point me in the right direction and just to get your opinion on whether they will look good against the blue??

If they wont what would you suggest .. would love to be able to get the tyres you have but with blue alloys .. chances of that are slim!

Just by off chance .. what tyres/alloys are they ?? and if u dont mind me asking how much were they??

Cheers Mish.

Hi, just giving you my opinion, but I too have an Aygo blue, and have had some black alloys (a friends) next to it to check if the colours match or look rubbish.

And IMO it looks terrible.

So far the only nice wheel colours i have found are standard silver alloys, or silver with blue powder coat in places.

Chris

Great pictures jjj_aygo, I absolutely love superturismos. Been thinking about getting them on mine, getting bored of the standard alloys.

Hi, just giving you my opinion, but I too have an Aygo blue, and have had some black alloys (a friends) next to it to check if the colours match or look rubbish.

And IMO it looks terrible.

So far the only nice wheel colours i have found are standard silver alloys, or silver with blue powder coat in places.

Chris

Pictures?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links