Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing The Pump Scv 2.0 54 D4D

billhampton

If the engine is hot and been working hard it won't always start immediately after stopping. New Battery has much improved matters but suspect the SCV. I haven't had a helper around when the engine has totally refused, to bang the SCV itself whilst cranking to see if that helps. Slowly depressing the throttle whilst cranking seems to help. Otherwise when cold it starts in one or two turns of the crankshaft.

I have searched around the forum for doing this job but can only find the dual valve pump referred to. Is it similar to changing the dual valve pump's valves ( Red and Green ) as seen on Youtube? Mazda's seem to have a lot of trouble with this single SCV type of pump - the Denso 29400.

i guess that whilst keeping everything very clean, disconnect, unbolt the two screws, remove valve, put a little oil / diesel on the new valve seals and carefully re-insert the new one. Bolt up to what? torque and re-connect. I guess a pump of the primer would help before start up.

Any advice greatfully recieved. Cheers.

Thank you for the reply. The video is of the dual SCV pump - are you saying just do the same for the single valve type? This is what I have assumed but am after confirmation. Can you confirm to just do the same?

Cheers

No, I can't. Obviously I didn't read your post correctly. I missed that you had the single valvepump. Sorry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links