AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


alphamusic

Avensis T27 standard radio W53828 to Touch & Go 59006 installation guide

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, alphamusic said:

Hi TRAvensisember, If you follow my instructions in the first post, then you will get speed through. It is pin 1 on the old 8 pin connector. If you have the original camera it should plug right in. I put USB in my glovebox, I didn't have a cut out for it in my 2010 Avensis. I'm not sure what location I would change the OBD too. Try pin 6 and 14 first.

Thanks.

It will be very useful. Replace the obd connection cables and connect the speed sensor, maybe it works. Where did you get the usb socket in the meantime? I could not find a socket for tape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I am following the topic with great interest. Those of you who have seen my posts on improving and upgrading the what's on offer. I went the adding a bluetooth/USB/microSD adapter route, and added a USB/AUX socket in place of the AUX only socket in the centre storage box - like later version of the Avensis. I am thinking about changing the adapter for a better version that plays bluetooth better and in stereo (the current adapter plays in mono), and displays artist/title info. I mainly use USB memory sticks.
The one thing I don't like about the Toyota system is the SatNav. It costs too much to update and the updates are out of date! I use a Nokia phone (I also use a Samsung) phone, and the Satnav through the cars voice only bluetooth works well, cutting in with directions. The best thing is that Here and Google maps are always up to date and free!   
The main advantage of the Nav version of the TR and upper models, are the reverse camera, and access to features that can be changes without going to the dealers - auto light sensitivity. If a Nav unit (with some of the car harness) is available at a good price I may consider, but for now I will stay stock. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Konrad, you've certainly added some valuable information to this thread! I agree that the built-in Nav systems aren't worth it. I didn't buy the Nav option for my 59006. 

I was hoping it would be possible to install a touch2 radio once they become more popular on the aftermarket, but I'm not sure if they were ever installed on the pre 2015 facelift models. There are some press releases from 2014, but most of the press releases are mid 2015, so I'm not optimistic. If it is available it has android auto and mirrorlink, so that could address the navigation issues. If anyone has any information let me know. If I manage to find one for a decent price I will try to do another guide.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TRAvensisember said:

 

 

PhotoGrid_1503422860177.jpg

 

Hi TRAvensisember, I didn't hook up the brightness. I live in a country where lights must be on at all time. It is possible to change the brightness in the radio's menu. Most of the time the brightness is best on high. It only occasionally bothers me to have it set to day mode on very dark unlit roads

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alphamusic said:

Hi TRAvensisember, I didn't hook up the brightness. I live in a country where lights must be on at all time. It is possible to change the brightness in the radio's menu. Most of the time the brightness is best on high. It only occasionally bothers me to have it set to day mode on very dark unlit roads

 

Thank you. I have to do this. I want the screen to collapse spontaneously at night, maybe there are those who know where to connect. Thank you for your answers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, alphamusic said:

I was hoping it would be possible to install a touch2 radio once they become more popular on the aftermarket, but I'm not sure if they were ever installed on the pre 2015 facelift models. There are some press releases from 2014, but most of the press releases are mid 2015, so I'm not optimistic. If it is available it has android auto and mirrorlink, so that could address the navigation issues. If anyone has any information let me know. If I manage to find one for a decent price I will try to do another guide.

I didn't think that T2 was directly compatible with Android Auto? Also afaik Mirrorlink only works on it with a few phones at a certain software level rather than being widely supported (for those that it does work with then you can probably mirror Android Auto from your phone).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

I didn't think that T2 was directly compatible with Android Auto? Also afaik Mirrorlink only works on it with a few phones at a certain software level rather than being widely supported (for those that it does work with then you can probably mirror Android Auto from your phone).

You are right. I was looking up the radios on YouTube and saw a video "showing" Android Auto support on Touch 2, but most likely they were just faking it with mirrorlink. Probably not worth going out of my way trying to upgrade then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered these products. I will install when it comes to products.

 

usb cable

 

Car USB AUX MP3 Audio Input Cable for Toyota Camry RAV4 2012
http://s.aliexpress.com/A7fYrQRN
(from AliExpress Android)

 

 

28 pin socket

 

Car 3.5mm Audio AUX 28PIN Wire Adapter Input Wire Cable For Toyota Camry/Corolla/Reiz/RAV4/Highlander #J-1740
http://s.aliexpress.com/Mv6B7nAv
(from AliExpress Android)

 

 

socket connector..

 

620pcs Dupont Wire Cable Jumper Pin Header Connector Housing Kit Male Crimp Pins Female Pin Connector Terminal Pitch With Box
http://s.aliexpress.com/nEj2QRVN
(from AliExpress Android)

 

cable ties

 

100Pcs/bag 3X150MM Self-Locking White BlACK Red Blue Yellow Nylon Wire Cable Zip Ties.cable ties
http://s.aliexpress.com/Q73iyAfu
(from AliExpress Android)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The standard radio in the car and the tape photos I want to mount.

 

Last picture. It shows the camera cable infrastructure in my car.

 

 

 

20170805_194127_HDR.jpg

IMG-20170805-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20170806-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170807-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20170806-WA0000.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/18/2016 at 7:15 PM, alphamusic said:

I've found another pinout at the site in my last post for the 28 pin touch and go connector. It shows two CAN connections (H and L). 

Unbenannt1.JPG

 

Hopefully I can pull these signals off the OBD port pin 6 and 14. Looks like another task for when all the parts arrive for the next stage of the project.

xobdii_port1070929671.jpg.pagespeed.ic.G

Hi Alphamusic,

Did you connect to pin 1 in this photo or are you free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Travensisember, 

Those parts look good. Nice that you found a cheap 28 pin connector. I wanted to buy an aftermarket camera, so I went for a pre built adaptor, but if you are comfortable repinning the 28 pin connector, that should be a good solution. Going by my guide I left pin 1 empty, but it's a while now since I did it, so my memory is slightly foggy :) If you are having trouble when all the parts come I can try to take apart my dashboard again to have a look. I don't have any experience with the factory camera upgrade, but it's good you've found the cabling. Nice not to have to run that again. Where is the last picture taken? It could be helpful for other people adding the factory reverse camera kit.

Lastly, it looks like your original radio is different to my original radio. Mine didn't have DAB or the buttons along the bottom. Have you checked that it is a 20 pin connector? It's possible your radio doesn't have the same pinout as mine. If the colours are the same and they both of 20 and 8 pin connectors then you have the same pinout. If you are lucky, they changed to a 28 pin connector for your radio, and it will be plug and play :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DAB button is there for when the DAB module is fitted - the unit may not have DAB as standard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/28/2017 at 8:47 AM, alphamusic said:

Hi Travensisember, 

Those parts look good. Nice that you found a cheap 28 pin connector. I wanted to buy an aftermarket camera, so I went for a pre built adaptor, but if you are comfortable repinning the 28 pin connector, that should be a good solution. Going by my guide I left pin 1 empty, but it's a while now since I did it, so my memory is slightly foggy :) If you are having trouble when all the parts come I can try to take apart my dashboard again to have a look. I don't have any experience with the factory camera upgrade, but it's good you've found the cabling. Nice not to have to run that again. Where is the last picture taken? It could be helpful for other people adding the factory reverse camera kit.

Lastly, it looks like your original radio is different to my original radio. Mine didn't have DAB or the buttons along the bottom. Have you checked that it is a 20 pin connector? It's possible your radio doesn't have the same pinout as mine. If the colours are the same and they both of 20 and 8 pin connectors then you have the same pinout. If you are lucky, they changed to a 28 pin connector for your radio, and it will be plug and play :)

thanks for the answer. I checked my tape sockets with my tape sockets exactly the same. When the relevant sockets arrive, I will begin assembly. If I succeed, I can add photos and videos. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 28.08.2017 at 8:47 AM, alphamusic said:

Hi Travensisember, 

Those parts look good. Nice that you found a cheap 28 pin connector. I wanted to buy an aftermarket camera, so I went for a pre built adaptor, but if you are comfortable repinning the 28 pin connector, that should be a good solution. Going by my guide I left pin 1 empty, but it's a while now since I did it, so my memory is slightly foggy :) If you are having trouble when all the parts come I can try to take apart my dashboard again to have a look. I don't have any experience with the factory camera upgrade, but it's good you've found the cabling. Nice not to have to run that again. Where is the last picture taken? It could be helpful for other people adding the factory reverse camera kit.

Lastly, it looks like your original radio is different to my original radio. Mine didn't have DAB or the buttons along the bottom. Have you checked that it is a 20 pin connector? It's possible your radio doesn't have the same pinout as mine. If the colours are the same and they both of 20 and 8 pin connectors then you have the same pinout. If you are lucky, they changed to a 28 pin connector for your radio, and it will be plug and play :)

hey 'Alphamusic', look what I found?

 

These illustrations are the wiring diagram of the 59006 coded tether.

In the last picture, the 6 pin socket 5.pin 'ill-' is not connected to us. Will the feature of switching to the night mode work when the headlights are turned on?

 

 

 

 

 

 

s6.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TRAvensisember said:

hey 'Alphamusic', look what I found?

 

These illustrations are the wiring diagram of the 59006 coded tether.

In the last picture, the 6 pin socket 5.pin 'ill-' is not connected to us. Will the feature of switching to the night mode work when the headlights are turned on?

 

 

 

 

 

 

s6.PNG

Hi, Yes, Ill+ and Ill- will need to be connected for it to work, but I'm not sure where you get the illumination signal from. Illumination isn't marked on the pin out I have for the old w53828 radio. Sometimes the - (negative signal is just ground. If you have found the Ill + (positive) signal, it would be worth trying connecting Ill - to ground.

Here is the pinout I got from Manicat's post. It's possible the illumination signal has another code I don't recognise here, so if anyone knows, please let me know.

There’s a 20-pin connector D15 with the following pin-out:
1 – Empty
2 – Empty
3 – Yellow (SPD / SNS)
4 – Empty (MIN+)
5 – Empty (MACC)
6 – Violet (SWG)
7 – Purple (SW1)
8 – Light blue (SW2)
9 – Empty
10 – Empty
11 – Empty 
12 – Empty
13 – Empty (MIN-)
14 – Empty (SGND)
15 – Red (AR1)
16 – White (ASGN)
17 – Black (AL1)
18 – Brown (AGND)
19 – Dark blue (AUX1)
20 – Empty

Next, the 8-pin connector D58 that does not fit in the new B9012 unit, has the following pin-out:
1 – Blue (SPD / SNS)
2 – White (MIN+)
3 – Black (MACC)
4 – Empty
5 – Red (MIN-)
6 – Green (SGND)
7 – Empty
8 – Empty
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alphamusic said:

Hi, Yes, Ill+ and Ill- will need to be connected for it to work, but I'm not sure where you get the illumination signal from. Illumination isn't marked on the pin out I have for the old w53828 radio. Sometimes the - (negative signal is just ground. If you have found the Ill + (positive) signal, it would be worth trying connecting Ill - to ground.

Here is the pinout I got from Manicat's post. It's possible the illumination signal has another code I don't recognise here, so if anyone knows, please let me know.

There’s a 20-pin connector D15 with the following pin-out:
1 – Empty
2 – Empty
3 – Yellow (SPD / SNS)
4 – Empty (MIN+)
5 – Empty (MACC)
6 – Violet (SWG)
7 – Purple (SW1)
8 – Light blue (SW2)
9 – Empty
10 – Empty
11 – Empty 
12 – Empty
13 – Empty (MIN-)
14 – Empty (SGND)
15 – Red (AR1)
16 – White (ASGN)
17 – Black (AL1)
18 – Brown (AGND)
19 – Dark blue (AUX1)
20 – Empty

Next, the 8-pin connector D58 that does not fit in the new B9012 unit, has the following pin-out:
1 – Blue (SPD / SNS)
2 – White (MIN+)
3 – Black (MACC)
4 – Empty
5 – Red (MIN-)
6 – Green (SGND)
7 – Empty
8 – Empty
 

thanks for answer

The 5th socket appears blank in the standard radio sockets on the car.
Do we need to connect 'ill-'? If we need to connect, where do we connect it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the head display assembly. Trip information did not work for now. I will check the connections again. When the headlights are turned on, it switches to night mode. I did not do anything special for that. I also connected the speed sensor cable. the tape can read the speed of the car so it automatically adjusts the radio sound as it accelerates.

 

my car 2011 Toyota avensis t27 keyless entry.

Screenshot_2017-10-07-20-28-22.png

PhotoGrid_1507397129539.jpg

PhotoGrid_1507397098371.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done TRAvensisember! It's a real sense of accomplishment getting everything working. I didn't have any luck with the trip info either. My guess is the info should come from the OBD port as I mentioned earlier, but I didn't get it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installation is complete.

Everything works except trip info.

PhotoGrid_1507748540426.jpg

PhotoGrid_1507748482882.jpg

PhotoGrid_1507739239214.jpg

PhotoGrid_1507738346706.jpg

PhotoGrid_1507738186217.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice pictures! They will be very useful for anyone trying to install the original Toyota reversing camera. It allows you to get a feel for how big the job is. It looks like a lot of effort to cut out the holes for the reversing camera, but the final result looks very good!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.10.2017 at 4:55 PM, alphamusic said:

Nice pictures! They will be very useful for anyone trying to install the original Toyota reversing camera. It allows you to get a feel for how big the job is. It looks like a lot of effort to cut out the holes for the reversing camera, but the final result looks very good!

Thank you for your help. when I opened the housing for the camera, I spaced it with a 2mm drill cap. then I fixed it with rasp and sandpaper. I dyed the process. I screwed the screws only on the original connection screws. Back to the 2011 model avensis has camera cable, but not active. The driver needs to disassemble the plastic at the bottom of the feet and find out the wiring.

 

you inspired me for this job :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice montage! I'm glad to hear I inspired you to do the project. :biggrin: I'm sure your video will help give people the confidence to install the stock reverse camera! 

Also for anyone wondering, aftermarket reverse cameras will also work with the 59006 head unit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now